Single parent

Basunia

I'm afraid there is NO quick way for you to move to Australia permanently.   

Most countries do not want to allow older relatives to migrate, because they have only a few years of working life left, and will then be a burden to the taxpayer in health care, pensions etc. So the government makes it difficult.   Australia is more generous than some countries, but it is still not easy, and there are waiting lists of many years. 

9 minutes ago, Basunia said:
3 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

You can look at the 143 visa. It does will take some years to process - allow at least five and cost over $60,000

How many years to get the decision for 143 visa !!

I read this as being around five years to process, and the cost for the single visa to be over $60,000.

There's also a retirement visa, but I don't believe you can work on that visa, and you have to be able to support yourself without cost to Australian and social welfare services.  I think also that it's only granted for 4 years initially, and then you have to meet certain criteria to be given the next 4 years and so on.

I know someone who came. over on a retirement visa, and after several years of nothing but golfing, returned back to the UK and back to his business there.

Edited by nicolesmith

3 hours ago, Basunia said:

What will be cost for a single under 143 visa!!

You wrote for five the amount is $60000! For single is it $12,000 !

No, what he means is, it will cost you about $60,000 and the waiting time for a decision is at least 5 years. 

There is a cheaper one, but the waiting time is about 30 years. 

There are temporary visas which you could apply for, but they do not let you stay permanently.

Edited by Marisawright

If you have found this site online I am sure you have searched for relevant visas. You are probably putting a message on here to find some way of getting there quick as you can’t belurve the wait times they are saying on the Australian immigration site. Nothing wrong with that, many have done the same.  Unfortunately, what is said on the immigration site is correct and there is no quick way to move to Australia. As has been mentioned here, the country really doesn’t want us parents and for good reason, we will bring little or no income and value to the country and it’s quite possible we will be a big drain on it one day.  Some are actually saying the 143 visa for people embarking on the visa journey now will be a minimum of 6 years. You can go out there on tourist visas whilst waiting of course but cannot work on them and they are temporary, you cannot move to Oz on them.