Two months away from 2 years in Australia - 5 year RRV

AnnetteV

Hi

My current RRV runs out end of August 19 and end of February 19 I have been two years in Australia on and off since 1 May 2016. I'm wondering if anybody know how strict they are about the two months as I'm thinking of applying for a new five year RRV now? As I might move to Europe early next year for 2-4 years.

I worked as an employee for 1.5 year  at a university here and has been self employed for one year, as a EAP Counsellor and Career Coach. I did voluntary work at the bookfest this year and have done different courses here. I'm member of PACFA as a Counsellor as well.

Any thoughts or recommendations will be great to hear. Many thanks.

It is two years out of five.  No leeway unless you can prove you HAD  to be overseas for work. 

Current processing for an application with less than two years residence is 3 months+. 

You will also need to evidence close ties with Australia to get the 1 year RRV. 

Citizenship is the only guarantee of returning. 

55 minutes ago, paulhand said:

There is no leeway at all on the 2 years if you want a 5 year RRV, it's built into the law.

Of course ! I must be confusing it with citizenship where special dispensation for overseas work can be asked for  

Edited by rammygirl

Hi again

I was chatting to a friend of mine yesterday and he may have had a point but I'm not sure so thought to post it here.

When I was working full time here I went on holiday twice overseas, one 10 day trip and one 3 weeks holiday. Do I need to add those 30 days at the end of my two years in Australia or am I allowed to go on overseas holidays within the 2 year requirement?

On 26/12/2018 at 17:30, AnnetteV said:

Hi again

I was chatting to a friend of mine yesterday and he may have had a point but I'm not sure so thought to post it here.

When I was working full time here I went on holiday twice overseas, one 10 day trip and one 3 weeks holiday. Do I need to add those 30 days at the end of my two years in Australia or am I allowed to go on overseas holidays within the 2 year requirement?

As answered in your other post - yes you need to add these days on. You are allowed to go on holiday, but the days outside of Australia do not count towards the residence requirement.

• Like 2