register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Jon the Hat

Primary Schools North Ryde

HI all

Does anyone have any experience of the multitude of public primary schools around North Ryde?

Also looking further ahead of the Senior Schools in Ryde vs Hunters Hill and Chatswood?

309/100 applied 19th Mar 2018 front loaded from the UK.

309 & 100 granted 12 Nov 2018, last entry 20th March 2019.

We lived in North Ryde for a couple of decades.  Our two boys went to Kent Road Public School (primary) then Epping Boys High School - both state schools.  

Great!  Would you recommend the area and Kent road school?  I have seen a few rentals in the catchment - there seems to be quite a lot of new builds which is pretty appealing to us as we are in one now in the UK.

309/100 applied 19th Mar 2018 front loaded from the UK.

309 & 100 granted 12 Nov 2018, last entry 20th March 2019.

North Ryde has changed a lot over the years.  I remember open land and fields of horses.  All gone now.  

We were happy there and the boys loved Kent Road school.  They walked to school with their pals every day.  Bearing in mind it was years ago (they are both in their early 30s now) so I don't know what the school is like now.  

I used to catch a bus into Sydney CBD every day for work.  The bus stop was practically outside our house.  There is a train service in the area - Chatswood to Epping and it is being upgraded. 

https://transportnsw.info/plan/station-link

There is a large shopping centre nearby and a university. 

Here are comments from people who live in the area:  https://www.homely.com.au/north-ryde-ryde-sydney-greater-new-south-wales