Return Resident Visa(RRV)_Advise needed

Prax007

Hello Dear Experts,

Please be noted that i am Australian PR Holder(189) and my visa is expiring in June-2020. I have validated my PR visa within one year after i got my visa, but i did not come to Australia till  now.

I am coming to Australia in Jan-2019.

My question is 

• After my visa expires in June-2020, what is the procedure to apply for RRV?
  • Are there any other formalities to be fulfilled for applying RRV?

Kindly advise.

Best Regards,

PM 

What are your plans after 2019?

If you are planning to stay in Australia after you arrive in 2019, then you do not need a RRV.  You can stay in Australia forever without one. 

You need a RRV only if you need to leave Australia, e.g. for a holiday.   

To qualify for a full RRV, you must live for two years in Australia out of the preceding five years.  If you do not meet the residency requirement, then you must demonstrate strong ties with Australia, e.g. you must own a house, have a job etc.  

Hello Marisawright,

Thanks for the information. I am Planning to settle in Australia after 2019. As you have mentioned, if i have to go on a holidiay, i assume i have to apply for RRV.

What are the requirements for applying RRV? If i secure a job and show them that i have a job in Australia, will i get RRV?

Kindly clarify

On 12/11/2018 at 20:55, Prax007 said:

Hello Marisawright,

Thanks for the information. I am Planning to settle in Australia after 2019. As you have mentioned, if i have to go on a holidiay, i assume i have to apply for RRV.

What are the requirements for applying RRV? If i secure a job and show them that i have a job in Australia, will i get RRV?

Kindly clarify

If don't meet the 2 year requirement, you might at best get a 1 year RRV. That depends on the evidence and ties you can show towards Australia.