Issues with reference from employer for skilled migration

Hi all,

this is a brilliant group, I hope you can help me. I work as a joiner for a medium sized company and passed my level 2 and 3 in joinery. With level 2 being passed in 2015, with certificates to prove as such. I am trying for a regional skilled visa due to my age(38)   

The problem is, I must have upset my employer somewhere down the line. As he is unwilling to give a reference stating that I am a joiner only a trainee/apprentice joiner for the past 5 years. And is refusing to budge on this. 

The question is will vetasses be ok with this situation? Also with regional visa looking for minimum of 3 years qualified experience. How is the best way to tackle this?

many thanks 

simon

I applied in a different field, but also assessed by Vetassess. I didn’t want to tell
my employer of my intentions and so used a Statutory Declaration instead of reference letters. I told Vetassess that speaking to my employer before securing a visa could negatively impact my employment. They were happy with that as I provided other documentation to back up what I said in the Stat. Decl. That could be an option for you too, provided you can demonstrate in another way that your are qualified and have the relevant experience