173 processing times

Phill B

Hi, new member... just trying to find out the time 173 visas are taking. When we applied in September 2016 it said 22-24 months. But the website says 43-48....we haven’t heard anything apart from the process fee being paid. Can anyone help or just been through the process... how long does it take after first contact.

Unfortunately you probably have at least another 2 years before you will be contacted. There is dedicated thread on here for parent visas and it will give you better understanding of how processing is moving (or not moving).

Edited by SusieRoo

9 hours ago, Phill B said:

☹️ we are currently here and our visa lets us stay till August 2019.... so that’s us in the 💩. I thought the reason we have to pay the higher rate is to get in quicker. The visa is becoming a joke.

So what visa are you on? 

This is why Immigration tell people NOT to sell up, make life changing decisions, or try to emigrate while holding tourist visas. Because processing times can get longer, visas can expire, the visa you are waiting for may be refused or cap'n'ceased and you have to leave.

• Like 1

We are on a 600 visa, but with both our children living here and our first grandchildren being born.... the thought of missing all that isn’t what I’d planned. If the worst happened I could rebuild back in the uk... that’s not as bad as missing this time with my kids. I understand the don’t sell bit... it’s just frustrating when we applied it said 22 months... so we come out after 2 years, it’s a gamble... but isn’t life.

Edited by Phill B