TRA

pipmcrae

Hi I am applying for an 189 visa and am wondering if anyone has had experience in dealing with the TRA. I am self employed have been informed I need to supply 14 years of employment/payment evidence. Is this the case? I have evidence back to 2009 and full tax returns back to 2004. I was of then understanding that I only needed to prove 8 years of relevant proof for experience to claim the maximum 15 points. Has  anyone been through this process? How strict are the TRA? Any points of view and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Phil

Painting and decorating, I can't provide the payment evidence they supposedly want. Bank account only goes back 6 years. Did you have already have qualification here in UK? I have been working as self employed for 17yrs but no qualification.

Edited by pipmcrae

• 2 weeks later...

I think it is something to do with recognition of prior learning mate. If you have quals then they knock off 3 years as training years but with no quals they knock off 6. The reason for 14 years is you give them 6yrs as training and then 8yrs you want to claim points for. Can you afford to drop some points? Speak to down under centre or a migration agent first. Initial consultations are usually free.

On 24/10/2018 at 06:07, pipmcrae said:

Painting and decorating, I can't provide the payment evidence they supposedly want. Bank account only goes back 6 years. Did you have already have qualification here in UK? I have been working as self employed for 17yrs but no qualification.

Tax records would be better evidence than bank account, do those go back any further?  

Jsmull is probably right.  To qualify, you normally need qualifications AND experience.  If you've got no qualifications, then you need extra experience to compensate for that.

Do you have accountancy records? Company registration from when you started up? Even references from wholesalers you have used may count if you held business accounts x amount of years. Anything that backs up the fact you have been in the trade for as long as you say.