Transferring money from UK

Kenneth Wragg

9 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I found it very easy.   I did get myself in a slight tangle at the beginning, but I rang them up and was delighted to find myself talking to a real British person - and what's more, he was someone who actually did the job, not a call centre parrot!    I've stuck with them ever since for that reason.

Thank you for your response. Can I use Morneycorp from Australia?

Regards. K.G. Wragg.

Guest John from Moneycorp

Hi @Kenneth Wragg 

You are also able to send money to and from Australia using Moneycorp. After opening an account you are given a dedicated foreign exchange dealer who you can ask for guidance around the market.

This guidance can be very useful when transferring a large sum of hard earned money and it always a good idea to discuss the solutions which can help you receive the most for your money.

Regards,

John

• 2 weeks later...

So, lets say I'm expecting my brother to send me some money from the UK.

Let's say I use Moneycorp for this....

Do we both have to set up Moneycorp accounts?

Does he simply transfer money from his UK bank to my Moneycorp account?

When he has put the money into my Moneycorp account how do I get it into my bank account?  

36 minutes ago, Turvie said:

When he has put the money into my Moneycorp account how do I get it into my bank account?  

Only one Moneycorp account required.

The person ( your brother) sending the money sets up the account and inserts the details of the bank account the money is going to.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turvie said:

You give him the details of your Moneycorp account.  He transfers the money straight from his bank account to your Moneycorp account.

When you want the money, you tell Moneycorp to pay it into your Australian bank account.

• Like 1

Thanks - I presume I will learn what a "CK Reference Number" is when I set up my account.

Note that I also contacted OFX and they replied to me saying:

"Thanks for your E-mail. We cannot accept payments from a third party. However if your brother was set to up an account with us and set you up as a recipient we would be able to facilitate this and send you the money."

On 30/10/2018 at 06:02, Turvie said:

Thanks - I presume I will learn what a "CK Reference Number" is when I set up my account.

Note that I also contacted OFX and they replied to me saying:

"Thanks for your E-mail. We cannot accept payments from a third party. However if your brother was set to up an account with us and set you up as a recipient we would be able to facilitate this and send you the money."

That’s the advantage of moneycorp

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...