Visa 461 very long wait

Aya

On 29/12/2020 at 09:31, OZ4221 said:

how would you go about doing so?

@OZ4221, you apply for an exemption

https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/travel-restrictions

If you get refused, you can apply again immediately.  So you have nothing to lose by giving it a try (it's free).  

You'll notice you have to qualify under one of the categories.  If your partner is a New Zealander who can prove he's usually resident in Australia, you are eligible.   If you want to be sure you're doing the right thing, an agent (like Paul Hand above) can do the application for you.

Edited by Marisawright

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, i haven't been here for God knows how long, we lodged onshore for my application on April 2018 and last week I got an email from the department asking for more evidence of our relationship - I also got a checklist of things to do such as health examinations and police check. My theory is that they ask the same things over again just so they know we are still sharing a life together. Otherwise it doesnt make sense... we have been together for 15 years for God's sake... we had 2 weddings, one for the family in NZ and one in Brazil for my parents.. so here we have tons of photos, letters, emails, families testimonies, pastors testimonies, joint acc, bills, social life.... to be honest, I am tired of proving we are not a fake, so I released this whole situation and not in my hands anymore, I'm just living my life.

So many things have happened these last couple of years.... I fought against depression, missing my family back in Brazil and blaming myself for being so far away from them, had our marriage under constant stress because of this sh*t, not knowing what the future is gonna be. In thw end of 2018 I was so sick of staying home and doing volunteering only that I wrote the department a letter asking for permission to work under financial hardship conditions. Mark has his job but we were only paying the rent, bills and shopping for groceries and that was it. No future perspective or anything so I grabbed all groceries receipts, Translink receipts, water, light, rent agreement, car expenses. And a letter saying I was being honest about our situation and we wanted to be able to work together and start a family one day but that it was seeming to be impossible to accomplish cause there was no way we would put a child into this world under such unknown circunstances. So a couple of weeks later, my work condition changed and now I am a retail assistant in Gold Coast. It makes me forget the whole process madness and things are getting better.

I'm sorry this is not an approval update but just wanted to share this part of the journey with you... we are all in the same boat I guess. Hoping things will go well for yOu guys and please send us your good vibes. 

• Like 1