Visa 461 very long wait

Aya

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/06/2020 at 06:58, Aleshia said:

Hopefully the borders will of opened again by the time the visa is processed too! It was only a 2 month wait for us in London last year 🙂

Hi! Good to hear that your visa was processed so quickly! I'm still waiting for mine, a bit jealous!😜 I wonder if any visa will be processed during the coronavirus crisis...

Tried calling to see whether our application has been uploaded into their systems yet.  The call centre person agreed it should have been uploaded within a couple of weeks of being received, and a notification sent to us.  We know that hasn't happened.

They checked everything - passport numbers, address, emails etc - no record of our application, even though we have the courier receipt dated 19 March.

Also got told to check our Immiaccount payment (as we had to prepay the fee) as the application needed to be made within 30 days of submitting payment.... Sure enough - even though both the application and payment were received on 19 March, the Immiaccount thinks there is no application associated as the payment hasn't been claimed and it's sitting there waiting for me to request a refund.

So frustrating!  The call centre person doesn't know whether we should apply again or wait.

Just to be clear - I'm not complaining about processing times.  I'm just annoyed that no one seems to know *what* has happened to the application in the first place.

4 hours ago, kiwi_sparkles said:

Tried calling to see whether our application has been uploaded into their systems yet.  The call centre person agreed it should have been uploaded within a couple of weeks of being received, and a notification sent to us.  We know that hasn't happened.

They checked everything - passport numbers, address, emails etc - no record of our application, even though we have the courier receipt dated 19 March.

Also got told to check our Immiaccount payment (as we had to prepay the fee) as the application needed to be made within 30 days of submitting payment.... Sure enough - even though both the application and payment were received on 19 March, the Immiaccount thinks there is no application associated as the payment hasn't been claimed and it's sitting there waiting for me to request a refund.

So frustrating!  The call centre person doesn't know whether we should apply again or wait.

Just to be clear - I'm not complaining about processing times.  I'm just annoyed that no one seems to know *what* has happened to the application in the first place.

Oh no! Sounds stressful... It is annoying that they can't tell you if it has been lost or if it's sitting in a pile because of lockdown delays... Fingers crossed that your application is found soon! 

• Like 1

On 03/07/2020 at 14:17, Aya said:

Oh no! Sounds stressful... It is annoying that they can't tell you if it has been lost or if it's sitting in a pile because of lockdown delays... Fingers crossed that your application is found soon! 

Thanks!  I swear it's sending me grey!  🤣

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi I applied mine in November 2018 and I haven’t heard a ward yet. Sooo frustrating that they don’t even have processing periods. This is just a temporary visa for five year. It’s like student visa or visitors visa coz we still need to pay for our insurance, why treat it like PR? I still don’t get it. I regret taking this path lol

I applied for 461 visa this Feb right before Covid-19 began. We got the acknowledgement letter. Last checked processing times were 25-33 months- extremely disappointed to see it would take that long, even if its a straightforward case. I really hope the offices are back open (wearing masks and those required procedures) and keeping the cases going particularly if its a husband and wife circumstance? 
We have a lawyer who said they will get back to us with any new information this November.
Can anyone share their story if they had applied for 461 visa and how long it took for theirs to get approved? I want some happy stories- been reading too many sad ones!
Also is the processing times maybe faster for NZ citizens? I heard it is a little bit. Not too sure.

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/05/2020 at 16:14, kiwi_sparkles said:

That is interesting to know about timescale for applications submitted in London.  I can only hope that it's still fairly short, although COVID will be impacting things now for sure.   

There must be a lot of this stuff that can be done remotely if people are working from home.  However it doesn't seem like they are processing anything right now as the timeframes on the website have stopped being updated.  I started tracking them in March (more out of curiosity than anything else), but they've stopped being updated as Jay M pointed out.  I am willing to bet that its definitely NOT due to low volume of applications.

Hi, any news yet ? 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Aviavi said:

I applied visa 461 onshore on Jan 12 2020 . Still haven’t not received any information. Has anyone got their visa approved. Thanks in advance 

I suspect you still have a long wait ... they appear to have pretty much stopped granting these at the moment and, even some months back, wait periods were 2 years+ for most onshore applicants. 

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Aviavi said:

I applied visa 461 onshore on Jan 12 2018  .last time there was error in timing Still haven’t not received any information. Has anyone got their visa approved. Thanks in advance 

I've heard a few people have been approved this week -  their applications were submitted (onshore) in November 2017.

It's all secondhand information of course.  Could be wrong.

So after almost 32 months, i just got an update. good news is i'm relieved to know that they're processing my application despite the fact that they didn't send me an acknowledgement letter / email.

Not so good news is they've required me to submit A LOT MORE documents that i have already submitted with the original application. They want me to re-do my medicals, police checks both NZ and AU certificates, private insurance evidences etc... it's very annoying. it's as if i submitted my original application with no supporting documents at all.

These additional documents and certificates are both expensive and time-consuming (The NZ online police check even had me warned that my certificate will be delayed by as much as 40 days because of the pandemic!). While they want me to compile and submit everything within 28 days. LOL

I just want to get this done and over with. it's been a 3 year nightmare. (and to think, we'd be doing it all over again in about 4 years!). The visa 461s isn't a sustainable option anymore, so much stress for such short visa length. I'd be looking at PR pathways when i get my 461 approved.

On 16/11/2020 at 19:56, Jay M said:

So after almost 32 months, i just got an update. good news is i'm relieved to know that they're processing my application despite the fact that they didn't send me an acknowledgement letter / email.

Not so good news is they've required me to submit A LOT MORE documents that i have already submitted with the original application. They want me to re-do my medicals, police checks both NZ and AU certificates, private insurance evidences etc... it's very annoying. it's as if i submitted my original application with no supporting documents at all.

These additional documents and certificates are both expensive and time-consuming (The NZ online police check even had me warned that my certificate will be delayed by as much as 40 days because of the pandemic!). While they want me to compile and submit everything within 28 days. LOL

I just want to get this done and over with. it's been a 3 year nightmare. (and to think, we'd be doing it all over again in about 4 years!). The visa 461s isn't a sustainable option anymore, so much stress for such short visa length. I'd be looking at PR pathways when i get my 461 approved.

Sorry to hear that. Good news is atleast they are looking at your file but they are being annoying requesting more documents. Due to COVID19 it is really hard getting things done . This is my 34 th month and still no update on my end . All the best 

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/11/2020 at 23:10, Aviavi said:

Sorry to hear that. Good news is atleast they are looking at your file but they are being annoying requesting more documents. Due to COVID19 it is really hard getting things done . This is my 34 th month and still no update on my end . All the best 

Omg! Mine is now only 16 months waiting! So unfair when OZ pr holder can go to NZ freely while NZ pr holder have to wait 3 years for just a 5 yrs permit in Oz. 

Hey guys just butting in here with a quick question?!

I can't believe the processing times you're all currently waiting on. My husband is 1 year into his current and 1st 5 year Visa and I'm wondering when we should reply to renew if it takes this longgg?? How does work? Would he still be able to work while waiting for the renewal if the current on expires while waiting?? Should we maybe look into PR instead?? We were hoping to just renew the 5 year once more giving us more time to save for the PR! 🤯

Good Luck to everyone waiting and thanks for keeping us all updated even if there isn't much to report, I hope you all get them soon! 

On 16/11/2020 at 19:26, Jay M said:

They want me to re-do my medicals, police checks both NZ and AU certificates, private insurance evidences etc... it's very annoying. it's as if i submitted my original application with no supporting documents at all.

These additional documents and certificates are both expensive and time-consuming (The NZ online police check even had me warned that my certificate will be delayed by as much as 40 days because of the pandemic!).

These documents shouldn’t really be submitted until they ask for them. You did take a risk by uploading then straight away as they have an expiration date. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...