North Wales

starlight7

Conwy is lovely but it’s about 30/40mins from Wrexham, and Llanglooen etc arethe same. Chester is your best bet being only about 20 mins from Wrexham - Hoole is a little suburb of Chester and it’s a lovely town - heaps of bnbs and a cute little Main Street, plus right next to the train station. Some great restaurants too. Traffic gets a bit gnarly in the morning is the only drawback.

• Like 1

Yes we have been thinking Chester- last visited the place in 1969 so it will be a bit of nostalgia for us.  Will check out Hoole.  After that we plan to go up to the Lake District and then to Barcelona. Will be our last trip ever to Europe I think so we want to get the most out of it!

• Like 1

On 14/10/2018 at 20:33, starlight7 said:

Some of my ancestors came from North Wales , near Wrexham so I would like to visit there some time next year but we have been warned off staying actually in Wrexham.  Are there any nice unspoilt small towns nearby where we could stay ?

I am from this area originally some great villages around that area , Mold  is a old market town , there is a hotel in New Brighton just out side It was called the Beaufort palace , think there are a couple in Rosset also St David’s park in Ewole and Cardena park hotel 

Chester is near by ( about 20 min) away with no end of hotels a guest houses , well worth a visit old Roman town and also the medieval rows with shops there. 

where about is your family from ? 

• Like 1

It was going back to the 19th century- they were from Pentreffelin Wrexham Abbot- the old man was a slater. 3x great grandad and his daughter was my 2x great grandma who also lived there.  After that she moved to Durham and married a man from there. Bit of Welsh blood in my veins.

• Like 1