register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

Andy92

Job Market Perth WA

Hi all,

I have a question I'm hoping someone can help with. My partner and I are looking to go to Australia on a working holiday visa and would want to be in Perth/surrounding area as we both have family there and have been before. I was wondering if anyone has been to this area on a WHV and can advise on what the job market is like? We've both done a variety of jobs but primarily our experience is in office/admin work, although we would be willing to take pretty much anything in the beginning. If anyone has any experiences/advice they can pass on, that would be great. 

Perth is a smaller place than Melbourne or Sydney but there are certainly jobs around.  The thing with a WHV is that you have to be flexible and do what's available.  Sign up with several agencies.

Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Walk around and talk to peopled in shops/bars. People do advertise within their businesses for staff.

AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 | Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015.