Why did you move to the area your living in OZ?

carlymac

Guest Guest1

Hi Carlemac.

Hope you get some good feed back on this as we too are thinking of moving to brisbane, and i'd love to know a few reasons / opinions of others.

regards Daz+Gill

We wanted to be near the neach but have acerage so i can eventually get a horse,when sat in the uk we were going to Caboolture poss Deception Bay ,once we got on Australian turf we realised that wasnt for us and we couldnt live near a beach on acerage unless we won the lottery,lol,,hence here we are ,lol,we call it our happy medium ,good family area with plenty of other kids,shops and schools on the doorstep,less than an hour into the city or down to the beaches of the gold coast and houses still reasonably priced. Public transport isnt up to much around here so you do need cars but by the time my son is ready for going off galavanting with his mates we should have the bus and train links in so its not to bad.

Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

We're looking at SA... as near as possible to Woodville South (where the Queen Elizabeth Hostital SA is)

Somewhere family-orientated, somewhere with lots of people of high school age as well... near(ish) a beach, not too far from Adelaide CBD...

Guest jchrisj
Hi everyone

Just wanted an idea of areas, I am looking at moving to Brisbane..could anyone give me the reasons that they chose their areas and what they love about it? :idea:

We are moving to brisbane as well, can we have a party at your house as she who must be obeyed said i cant have anymore.................................. I think the rip in the new suite is a feature.

Have you looked at www.ourbrisbane.com Its full of usefull stuff.

Even jobs and property.

So when are you having this party

Chris x x x x x :radar:

Guest earlswood

Why did you move to the area your living in OZ?

I ask myself that every bloody day:GEEK:

Hi Cal

Thanks for your reply, we have looked at the Jindalee area of Brisbane but still not to sure yet, I keep thinking that I will gather info on various areas and then once we get there go for whichever we like the most...I want somewhere that the children will love and have lots to do but also dont want to be to far from everywhere so that I can still let my hair down at times. :wacko:

Guest jchrisj
As soon as we get to Brisbane and settle in we will definately have a party, whereabouts in Brisbane are you moving jchrisj??....

Dont know yet, looking at going next year. going to rent then have a good look round, and see where we fancy.

We are keeping an eye on the job and property web sites and the local press for info. Cannot make a choice from here, need to be there and experiance the culture and become an ozy.

I dont want to be ignorant, but we dont want to live in a pommy area, we are going to broaden our horizons..................................and sell the kids

Chris

x x x x x x x xx:radar:

Hi Chris, we are doing the same, renting for a bit first and want to move to any area that we get the right feel for, not just aiming for Pom populated areas, we both want to become true ozzies..Have you been to Oz before??.........

Guest jchrisj
Hi Chris, we are doing the same, renting for a bit first and want to move to any area that we get the right feel for, not just aiming for Pom populated areas, we both want to become true ozzies..Have you been to Oz before??.........

Last time i went was 81 to 83 before that i was there 1968 to 1973 (kid of £10 pom)

But my wife was born there and wants to go home. Cant fault her really

Chris

Archived