Process for 820 (on-shore Partner VISA)

Sid_Ast

Hi All,

I was recently made aware of this forum bybone of my friends who’s a regular here. So I thought I would ask few things which I have in mind regarding subclass 820.

I am a PR here and I intend to marry around April 2019. My would-be-wife is has a current valid tourist VISA which DOES NOT have ‘No Further Stay’ condition. It is valid until June 2019 and therefore we plan to get married in our home country, post which I intend to bring her here on her Tourist VISA and then file 820 from here before her tourist VISA expires. 

It is my understanding, that as soon as her tourist VISA expires, she will get Brigding VISA Type A with full working rights. 

Is my plan fine? Could there be any complications which I haven’t thought about? Can she, for any reason, be asked to leave the country even after registering a marriage here and putting it in application for 820?

I hope I have managed to articulate my concerns and situation effectively. Look forward to your opinion. 

Regards,

Sid

Hi

I think by 2019, if you're here on tourist visa you wont be able to apply for 820 or any other further visa unless you go back to your country and apply visa from the respective country. I read an article about this. If that happens you will have to apply for an offshore visa. 

2 hours ago, Tina65 said:

Hi

I think by 2019, if you're here on tourist visa you wont be able to apply for 820 or any other further visa unless you go back to your country and apply visa from the respective country. I read an article about this. If that happens you will have to apply for an offshore visa. 

Where did you hear that???

On 28/09/2018 at 07:17, Raul Senise said:

The Government is looking to change the Regulations for Partner visas to require the Australian sponsor to apply and be approved as a sponsor, before a partner visa can be lodged. If this occurs it is likely to stop, or greatly reduce the ability to lodge onshore applications while on a short visitor visa.

indeed. absolutely true. even i read the same