16 months waiting for DE 186 owner is selling the venue

Toryalis

Hi peeps! 

I applied in June 2017 for DE 186 as a restaurant manager. So far no news, except the one I didn’t want to hear. My owner is selling the venue I’m working in. MA says should be fine as I have applied under the company ABN (I work as restaurant manager for a coffee roaster company) unfortunately my company does not have another similar venue with full table service etc, so I am afraid this change will impact me.

Open to any suggestions  

If the sale of the business results in the new owner operating the restaurant under a different ABN then it will be a problem for your 186 application and your current visa status.

If they buy the business and continue to operate under the same ABN number, then you should be OK.

You need to discuss this with your employer as their decision on the sale of the business could have a devastating affect on you.

Hi Raul, 

thanks for your reply. I Rectify, the company I work for is a coffee roaster with roastery , training centre and a cafe in melbs. I’ve been working for their cafe in Sydney (the one the owner just sold) my MA thinks as my visa is under the company abn (the Sydney venue, roastery ect run all under the same abn) there’s no risk, as he says they can move it onto the melbs venue. Problem is, melbs venue is only a limited food and no service venue and I’m afraid it won’t qualify for immigration purposes.

this situation happened on me twice. I worked in a world famous restaurant chain. Shifty business results in chaning ABN. The most important part is whether the ABN will change and whether your owner of the business is still in operation and can provide you an ongoing position for futher 2 years