Citizenship Processing going overseas for 12 months

burmtra

Hi my partner came will reach the 4 year qualifying criteria in regard to being in Australia on the 23/09/18 being 1 year on a 462 visa, 1 year and 3 months and the rest on an 801 visa (4 years in total).

What we are trying to clarify is whether we are allowed to leave Australia after the 25/9/18 as we had planned to go travelling for some time.

We are trying to determine;

1 - What the current processing time is for Citizenship applications?

2 - If my partner comes up in the queue to sit her test etc whether she can do this from overseas or online or whether they can put it on hold until we return from our travel in 12 months?

3 - Whether there any other restrictions problems we could encounter in this relation to citizenship application?

Many Thanks

de1c4949073f9beb913b777345c8f49c.png&key=4b1737a58ded6eec02fc73316093614d206886deb2b74baf65d362617e556702

Current average processing times for conferral applications are listed as 15-17 months.

I believe you can travel after submitting your application but you are supposed to advise your travel plans on your application (where known).

I don’t believe you can do the test from overseas as that part of the process currently includes an interview.

I guess a problem you might encounter could be if they make any changes to eligibility and you become subject to new rules (as many of us would have been affected by in Peter Duttons recent failed proposal)