What are my chances of getting a visa (Subclass 190 and 489) without work experience?

Rampa

1 minute ago, Areyousure said:

Okay, I would recommend, you guys to give PTE another go, since NSW gives importance to English for state/regional sponsorship. Have you considered applying to Queensland or The Northern Territory?

I will talk to him about the test. We do not mind going to NT or Queensland as long as we can both get jobs close to home so we live together. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rampa said:

I will talk to him about the test. We do not mind going to NT or Queensland as long as we can both get jobs close to home so we live together. 

Then it would be worthwhile applying to those states for sponsorship as well, after doing your research. All the best ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rampa said:

Before we could lodge our EOI for 189, the point score changed from 60 to 65 so he doesnt qualify anymore. So we have put our hopes on 190 and 489. I am just worried as a graduate and how this might affect us. 

Also Rampa, look into whether your profession can give your husband an extra 5 points... on the 189 that is... I'm not sure if the same applies for 190 and 489.

so for exams my wife is a Lecturer, Qualified high school teacher and has Accounting degree... she easily came up to 75 points and we had decided even if she got 65 (without the bonus 10 points for good english) we could have added my profession (Nurse) to her application for another bonus 5points on  her application.

you guys will be fine.. I'm sure... it's hard work but it can be done... lots of research and good attitude will get you there 

Edited by SWMOY04
context

4 hours ago, SWMOY04 said:

Also Rampa, look into whether your profession can give your husband an extra 5 points... on the 189 that is... I'm not sure if the same applies for 190 and 489.

so for exams my wife is a Lecturer, Qualified high school teacher and has Accounting degree... she easily came up to 75 points and we had decided even if she got 65 (without the bonus 10 points for good english) we could have added my profession (Nurse) to her application for another bonus 5points on  her application.

you guys will be fine.. I'm sure... it's hard work but it can be done... lots of research and good attitude will get you there 

Claiming points for partner applies for 189, 190 and 489. He has already included me. Our problem is the English score. But we are working on that one. You're right its a lot of work and information is scattered everywhere so yeah...you have to research a whole lot.  

I'm sure if your husband writes tot he standard you write at, he should be ok... Have a look at IELTS Liz ...She has a brilliant website full of free resources

I've heard others say that PTE is better for non-English speakers who work I medical field...

That said...English is actually my 4th language and I didnt struggle too much with the IELTS... good luck to you and your fella!