tourist visa to bridging visa

soumya soman

Hii

This is me Soumya Soman. Iam currently on Student visa which will expire on 26/09/2018.I have already applied for PR application and recently came to know that if iam getting the application lodged I can convert my present visa to bridging visas if iam there In Australia.As my student visa is going to get expired next month iam planning to apply for a tourist visa to extent my stay in Australia.Is it possible to convert a tourist visa to bridging visa? kindly give me a reply

Thank You

If you’ve already applied for PR then the bridging visa kicks in when your student visa expires, no need for a tourist visa but the bridging visa (usually BV A) means you can’t leave the country unless you apply for a BV B. If you’ve already left the country then be careful about applying for tourist visas as they can cancel out a PR application.  Talk to your agent.

8 minutes ago, soumya soman said:

Actually I have applied for my PR visa one week back and I have hardly one month validity for my student visa...so I need to apply for BV A before the expiry rite?

You dp not apply for a Bridging Visa A. It is issued to you if you qualify for it

If you applied onshore fr your PR, whilst on a student visa, and you are onshore when your student visa expires, you will go nto a Bridging Visa A automatically.

If you are offshore when the student visa expires, or you were offshore when you applied for PR, you do not qualify for a BVA.