Cost of Keeping a Boat?????

Guest Tracey from Braintree

We are hoping that when we get to Brisbane/Gold Coast (not 100% sure yet) we will get a boat. We are looking at possibly a Sea Ray 275.

Does anyone know approximately how much this would cost to moor/maintain etc?

We can afford the boat, but can we afford to keep it??????

Any help would be much appreciated. I don't want to get my hopes up till I have a better idea of cost.

Thanks,

Tracey.

We are hoping that when we get to Brisbane/Gold Coast (not 100% sure yet) we will get a boat. We are looking at possibly a Sea Ray 275.

Any help would be much appreciated. I don't want to get my hopes up till I have a better idea of cost.

Thanks,

Tracey.

Sorry can't help Tracey, But it sounds bloody fab! Do you sail in Britain ?

Guest earlswood

Don't know about Brisbane......but here's my boat moored in Perth.

2172418647_f47a87ff1a.jpg?v=0

Guest Pinhead

Thanks,

Tracey.

I can't help with the costs but I do know there is a real shortage of Marina berths in Oz and especially QLD due to the booming tourist & leisure industry.

Sorry can't help Tracey, But it sounds bloody fab! Do you sail in Britain ?

Never sailed!!!!!! Unless you count a few booze cruises in the Caribbean!!

LMAO! I hope my boat is that good.

Never sailed!!!!!! Unless you count a few booze cruises in the Caribbean!!

Your bloody brave , i'd be flipping terrified .Are you getting sailing lessons , so ya can be a proper skipper !

I'd love to do the same , but thought that the whole caboodle would be too expensive.

Your bloody brave , i'd be flipping terrified .Are you getting sailing lessons , so ya can be a proper skipper !

I'd love to do the same , but thought that the whole caboodle would be too expensive.

My OH will be skipper. I'll just sit back with a glass of wine and enjoy the ride!!!! (He doesn't sail yet, but he will!).

My OH will be skipper. I'll just sit back with a glass of wine and enjoy the ride!!!! (He doesn't sail yet, but he will!).

Sounds bloody good to me!

Let the men keep their barbies and boats , while we sit back and enjoy the sunshine.

We women know just how to play our men:yes:dont we?:cute:

• 1 month later...
Guest longland

I KNEW THAT PERTH WAS FULL OF SHARKS....NOW HERE THE PROOF... Dont forget to check the waters to see whats leaking beneath before you dive in

Maria

Oooh, Tracey we might be able to have sailing days with you lol!

OH is desperate to get a boat, he used to co-own a speedboat with a friend years ago but he'd like a grown up one now.

I know that Eddie (Eddie&Tina) has a boat so he might be able to help

Sue x

Guest Working to fish

Hi, what can i tell you about keeping a boat. I can only tell you the costs. For the boat i have:

The boat is 4.10 rhino

30hp

The boat cost $6500 second-hand.

It is 2 years old

Firstly, a boat license will set you back $150 for test, $35 for license. This is for life.

Rego is needed for both boat and trailer. Around $150 for both, depending on boat and trailer.

Servicing roughly $200 yearly.

Fuel very roughly, for a day out on boat, costs around $15-25.

Sorry i can't help with costs on moorings.

The boat is by far the best thing i've bought (this is Eddie's opinion only).

eddie:jimlad:

Hi, what can i tell you about keeping a boat. I can only tell you the costs. For the boat i have:

The boat is 4.10 rhino

30hp

It is 2 years old

Firstly, a boat license will set you back $150 for test, $35 for license. This is for life.

Rego is needed for both boat and trailer. Around $150 for both, depending on boat and trailer.

Oh dear Eddie, does this mean I'll be a boating widow lol?

Great info BTW

Sue x

Guest Working to fish
Oh dear Eddie, does this mean I'll be a boating widow lol?

Great info BTW

Sue x

No sue you will be needed to help get the boat in and out of the water LOL ,sure you to would have a great time also ,Tina likes it when the sun is out and there is no waves.

Guest paulwbafc

i have seen quoted in papers figures of $100k if you are mooring a boat. Theres plenty of websites on boats but something not really into just yet. I am just after a small boat with a trailer. I live in thornlands and moreton bay is one of best places to own a boat, several islands and calm waters with some awesome beaches, fishing top class here too. Redland bay has a great expat community. Often shops uk people serve you, bus drives are ex pats, most shops i have brought from an english person serves me. a woman from kent cut my hair last week. its unavoidable to stay away from brits here. Also theres a britain on the bayside supermarket for all imported food albeit double uk price, but nice that you can treat yourself once in a while to bisto gravy and yorkshire puds from england. Also the ONLY UK balti curry house is here run by a brummie with photos of brum on the wall. As i love the balti here is the only place to live.

Guest matt&dan

Hi

What size is the boat you are getting?

We have a ski/speed boat and its excellent, we use it lots on the dams. Matt wakeboards and me and the kids are learning to ski. We also have a donut thing that you pull the kids on. Due to the size of our boat it does not need mooring, we keep it home.

We sometimes take it down the spit and fish off it and go up to Stradbroke Island although it is not suitable for open water, in big waves it would get swamped.

Good luck it is so much fun!

OH is desperate to get a boat, he used to co-own a speedboat with a friend years ago but he'd like a grown up one now.

Sue x

Boys and toys eh?

The boat is 4.10 rhino

30hp

It is 2 years old

Cheers Eddie, useful info.

i have seen quoted in papers figures of $100k if you are mooring a boat. Theres plenty of websites on boats but something not really into just yet. I am just after a small boat with a trailer. I live in thornlands and moreton bay is one of best places to own a boat, several islands and calm waters with some awesome beaches, fishing top class here too. Redland bay has a great expat community. Often shops uk people serve you, bus drives are ex pats, most shops i have brought from an english person serves me. a woman from kent cut my hair last week. its unavoidable to stay away from brits here. Also theres a britain on the bayside supermarket for all imported food albeit double uk price, but nice that you can treat yourself once in a while to bisto gravy and yorkshire puds from england. Also the ONLY UK balti curry house is here run by a brummie with photos of brum on the wall. As i love the balti here is the only place to live.

Sounds like a great place! I love a good British curry!!

Hi

What size is the boat you are getting?

We have a ski/speed boat and its excellent, we use it lots on the dams. Matt wakeboards and me and the kids are learning to ski. We also have a donut thing that you pull the kids on. Due to the size of our boat it does not need mooring, we keep it home.

We sometimes take it down the spit and fish off it and go up to Stradbroke Island although it is not suitable for open water, in big waves it would get swamped.

Good luck it is so much fun!

No idea to be fair, family sized lol, it's all just a dream yet. First got to get visas and move!

Archived