Skills assessment confusion

Jelly

Hi all

I am a bit confused with the skills assessments.

My wife will be the main applicant on our 189 application, so she will need a skills assessment. We want to claim the 5 partner points, so I also need a skills assessment. (We are both on the skills list).

My confusion is surrounding the Skills Assessment vs Skilled Employment Assessment.

What is the difference between the 2, and would either my wife or I need to get this?

Thanks

Jelly

Does my wife need to get her skilled employment assessed in order to claim the Skilled Employment points for visa purposes? Or can those points be claimed by providing employment contracts, references, payslips, etc?

22 minutes ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Your wife will need to complete a skills assessment with the relevant assessing body

I understand - but does she ALSO need to get a skilled employment assessment (they appear to be 2 separate things)?

Sorry, the whole thing is just confusing me! ?

29 minutes ago, Jelly said:

I understand - but does she ALSO need to get a skilled employment assessment (they appear to be 2 separate things)?

Sorry, the whole thing is just confusing me! ?

The skilled employment assessment is usually desirable to provide comfort as to the points being claimed on the Expression of Interest.

Overclaiming points on the EoI can cause a visa invitation to be issued in error, leading to a refusal of the application with the loss of Visa Application Charges paid to the Department => not good!

It is an advisory letter, in that the Department is not obliged to accept the assessment, but the process usually fleshes out the key documentation relating to past employments.

Best regards.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alan Collett said:

The skilled employment assessment is usually desirable to provide comfort as to the points being claimed on the Expression of Interest.

Overclaiming points on the EoI can cause a visa invitation to be issued in error, leading to a refusal of the application with the loss of Visa Application Charges paid to the Department => not good!

It is an advisory letter, in that the Department is not obliged to accept the assessment, but the process usually fleshes out the key documentation relating to past employments.

Best regards.

Thank you so much for the clarification Alan ?

• Like 1