partner visa subclass 309 - 100

HI 

I have permanent residence visa and I want to apply for my partner. Do I have to fill forms 40sp as a sponsor and 47sp for my partner?

Because in partner visa page (below link) form 80 has just mentioned and nothing about 40sp and 47sp !

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/309-

I find out these 2 forms in other websites when I was seeking how to apply this application.

Yes to the 40 and 47 as these are the main application forms. If you apply online, these are covered by the online application process.

If you want to apply for a tourist visa, you need to let Immigration know so that a) the tourist visa application doesn't cancel your partner application, and b) you'll need to go offshore when your partner visa is ready to be granted. 

But to enter on a tourist visa, you'll need a return flight, or an onward flight. It is a risk arriving on a one way ticket. 

Hi

Tanx for your response.

I am confused with form 888. I have the permanent resident visa and want to apply for my partner. Do I have to mention my name in Q1 as visa applicant name or my partner's name? I am the visa applicant or I am the partner (Q2)?

I think I am the partner and my partner is the visa applicant but when I sent form 888 to my friend in Australia to fill it, he mentioned my name as a visa applicant!

which one is correct?

To clarify some of the terminology....  You are sponsoring your partner.  Your partner is applying for a visa.  You complete the sponsor form and your partner completes the application forms.  Your friend should have indicated your partner on the form 888 since you are not applying for a visa, your partner is.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

thanx for your responses.

My partner completes his online form (47sp) but not pay for it .. I tried to complete sponsor form (40sp) but I got the massage " the related application is not valid!" and I can not proceed.

Do we have to pay for the partner application first then complete the sponsor form?? I've read that for partner visas from 2017 the sponsorship should be granted first then the partner or applicant can submit an application! 

If we pay for the application first and I do not grant the sponsorship we will loose lots of money!!!

I am not in Australia now. I want to go to Australia when my partner grant his visa and we will migrate there together with our daughter. (she is included in his application). Is it negative point for me as a sponsor?

Edited by Niyousha Tahertaleghani

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi everyone

Finally my husband as a main applicant lodged his 309 application on 15 January and I as a sponsor submitted my sponsorship application on 19 January. When he submitted his application and pay the application fee his application status from "submitted" turned to " received" just within a day but my sponsorship application status still is "submitted" after one month and do not turn to received! Due to that the partner visas have 2 stages , first the sponsorship should be approved and then the main application assessed , how long does it take that the sponsorship application received and assessed?

We attached all needed documents just 2 days after we submitted.