The Claraplan - 5 new smart cities

Areyousure

Guest The Pom Queen

I think the journalist is trying to put their own slant on the story. Why on earth would they build 5 new cities for migrants when,  

1) Canberra, Adelaide, Darwin and the FNQ and rural towns are in desperate need for migrants to keep those cities alive.

2) The government is cutting down on migration

However, take the migrant headline out of the equation, yes I think it would be great to have more cities on the East Coast, will it ever happen, I very much doubt it. 

8 hours ago, The Pom Queen said:

I think the journalist is trying to put their own slant on the story. Why on earth would they build 5 new cities for migrants when,  

1) Canberra, Adelaide, Darwin and the FNQ and rural towns are in desperate need for migrants to keep those cities alive.

2) The government is cutting down on migration

However, take the migrant headline out of the equation, yes I think it would be great to have more cities on the East Coast, will it ever happen, I very much doubt it. 

Yep, doesn’t make any sense trying to build new cities for migrants. 

I have always doubted whther anything would come out of it. But after Canberra approved for a feasibility study, there is a possibility now. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Emily6789 said:

Sounds like a fantastic Idea, Australia needs a much greater population with more cities, to be a global power. 

And the bigger population will also boost the treasury, hope they use it for better infrastructure for the public though.

Totally agree with you. 

• Like 1