Southern Inland job opportunity for Registered Nurse

Anam

G'day mate, Southern Inland is the area around the ACT, (Australian Capitol Territory), Canberra, Yass, Goulburn, Southern Highlands etc. Good sheep farming, (traditional home of the merino sheep), plus a few vineyards...It has to have some good features, 'cos it gets mighty cold in winter...?

Can't help any further , but some good people will, no doubt, add to your query.

Cheers, Bobj.

The Canberra Hospital largely services that area though there are smaller cottage hospitals in the smaller towns, not sure how much scope there is for nurses in those hospitals though. The big stuff goes on in Canberra and I don’t think that’s included in Southern Inland.  Canberra isn’t bad, the others are just quite small country towns, quite parochial. Subject to drought, hot and dry in summer, bloody cold in winter. I guess it all depends what you want out of it. I have a friend in Yass, she’s forever trekking to Canberra for gym, entertainment, dining etc. I have another in Goulburn who actually works in Canberra. Queanbeyan has a reputation of being a bit “bogan” and Canberrans tend to look down their noses at the Qbn natives. Coma is more touristy, being en route to the snow fields in winter. If you like NSW country town living, they’d be ideal.

5 hours ago, Anam said:

Hi All, 

I am planning to move to southern Inland. 

Can anyone tell me how is it living there? 

Is it easy to get an Registeted Nurse job there? 

Thanks. 

Hi Anna, 

i also received 489 from southern inland. 

The closest hospital there is Goulburn hospital and few Aged care and medical centres. None of them have FT jobs going atm. I’m afraid but I have decided not to accept the offer. As I think it’ll be a big mistake to move with out a job as the requirement for PR is that we have to live 2 years and work 1 year FT. 

And another thing, my agency was telling that if I don’t get a job at southern inland, I can go any regional / rural area of Australia for eg, in Victoria, QLD, Tasmania. But that’s a false information and don’t listen to your agency if they are giving you the same advice. IF you are nominated by southern inland you have to live and work there . 

All the best!

• 1 month later...

hi to all, 

it feels so wonderful that the people here are willing to give info to address somebody's doubts and confusion. thank you very much before anything else.

i am also a nurse seeking for nomination in southern inland. can i ask how long will it take the visa to be granted from the time of their invitation?.. 

thanks again...