Brisbane citizenship applications query

shiveringpom

intrigued to know if anyone else waiting for Brisbane city application to get going? we applied early January - all in system but no email as yet for test dates...now 6 months in....wondering if anyone else waiting or any tips on how long wait is with Brisbane .... just feel like spent years waiting for visas and tests and doing applications ..... lol. Will now need to get RRV sorted as PR 'expires' 1/8/18  incase of any overseas trips etc ......

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

its rubbish as all they have to do is push a key to say do the test as they have every detail about me now.... lol.... yep iam now thinking whole thing until get passport going to be 14-16 months from start..... got to pay for RRV visas now .....7 months in now  from application ....

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/06/2018 at 12:33, shiveringpom said:

intrigued to know if anyone else waiting for Brisbane city application to get going? we applied early January - all in system but no email as yet for test dates...now 6 months in....wondering if anyone else waiting or any tips on how long wait is with Brisbane .... just feel like spent years waiting for visas and tests and doing applications ..... lol. Will now need to get RRV sorted as PR 'expires' 1/8/18  incase of any overseas trips etc ......

Hi shiveringpom

submitted my application online today (Sunday 19/08/18). I'm Brisbane based too. I'm unsure when my PR expires, I suppose i can check on VEVO?

1. Date applied: 19/08/2018
  2. City/Council area: Brisbane City Council 
  3. Online / Paper:  Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 19/08/2018
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test:  TBC 
  6. Approval online:  TBC
  7. Date of ceremony:  TBC
  8. Type of ceremony: 

I'd love to hear timescales for other Brisbane applicants and whether they are online or paper applications.

Good luck to everyone.

Simon.

5 hours ago, Simonrbh said:

Hi shiveringpom

submitted my application online today (Sunday 19/08/18). I'm Brisbane based too. I'm unsure when my PR expires, I suppose i can check on VEVO?

1. Date applied: 19/08/2018
  2. City/Council area: Brisbane City Council 
  3. Online / Paper:  Online
  4. Date received the acknowledgement email: 19/08/2018
  5. Date of the Citizenship Test:  TBC 
  6. Approval online:  TBC
  7. Date of ceremony:  TBC
  8. Type of ceremony: 

I'd love to hear timescales for other Brisbane applicants and whether they are online or paper applications.

Good luck to everyone.

Simon.

Your PR does not expire. It is permanent residency.

Your travel rights connected to PR expire 5 years after it was granted, so what date did you enter on the citizenship application as date of grant? Add 5 years and thats when your travel rights expire. 

12 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Your PR does not expire. It is permanent residency.

Your travel rights connected to PR expire 5 years after it was granted, so what date did you enter on the citizenship application as date of grant? Add 5 years and thats when your travel rights expire. 

Hi Nemesis,

Yes, I meant my travel rights, apologies. Think my 100/309 visa was granted Sept ‘13 and I entered  Oz May ‘14.  Looks like I may need to apply for a RRV if I want an overseas trip anytime soon!