Ielts

The speaking is easy yes as a native, the guy asked me my opinion on rain haha. The writing is hard to get 9 though, I would have a look at what they’re looking for because they tend to be a letter and an argument task so are looking for a specific format. 

I agree with all the above. Definitely make yourself familiar with the format of all 4 parts of the exam. It's also worth practicing the writing part in the given time as you don't want to struggle with the word count on the day. I think they suggest 20 mins for the first part which is the letter, and 40 mins for the second argument/comparison piece. 

Good luck! 

22 hours ago, Phil1712 said:

Hi 

I have my IELTS exam on Saturday and just wondering if anyone has taken the test recently? How difficult did you find it?

i took my IELTS on the 12th may for the second time, i need to get minimum 8 in all 4 sections to boost my points up to 20.

first time i had 9, 9, 7.5, 8

this time 8.5, 8, 8, 7.5

now i have decided to take the human element out of the equation and will go for the PTE academic, but in the meantime i will put in an EOI for 190.

it is not really hard but you have to be focused throughout the test and keep to their format. the speaking part is just an examiner asking you a variety of questions. there is no right or wrong answer in this section.

Hi 

I had my IELTS exam on Saturday and just wondering if anyone has taken the test recently? How difficult did you find it? I find it very frustrating that you have to wait two weeks for results. How did anyone find then writing part?

I did mine a couple months back. I can be a very anxious person when it comes to exams so found the whole day very stressful, but I came away thinking I had done alright in all 4 areas. My results were S=9 L=8.5 R=9 W=7.5 

I was most worried about the writting part but thought I had done ok and may have scraped an 8, but no such luck! 

Its a long 2 week wait I remember!

Hope you get the results you want! 

If you speak English on daily basis, then getting a good band in IELTS test is no big deal. There are four sections in this test : Writing, Speaking, Listening and Reading. Speaking is just one to one interview. They will ask few follow up questions based on assigned topic. Be confident because it will be easy to score well if you don't use fillers or take a pause for more than 3 seconds. You can also watch youtube videos or take some online practice tests which helps you to know where you stand and these will also help you to improve your weak areas. Try tcyonline, quora for more preparation material. 

Edited by rktcy1