190 VISA HELP

Hello! ?

I am currently applying for the 190 visa on my own and have came across a question to barb is baffling myself and everyone I have asked. I wondered if any of you guys could enlighten me on what it is asking for.

’Does the applicant have any member of their family unit not traveling to Australia who are not Australian citizens or Australian permanent residents’ yes/no? 

Does anyone understand in more detail what they are asking? Do include all my family members, although they are not joining me? Do I say no? Or do I include my defacto? 

Hope you you can help! ?

47 minutes ago, rammygirl said:

Your family unit is you your partner and any children you may have. Not your extended family. 

If all your family unit will be moving to Australia then your answer is no. 

Thank you for your reply! I did think it would be ‘no’ at first but when I clicked yes it gave me a drop down menu for potential family unit members and they included everyone from parents to business associates, friends, step brothers etc so it has me really confused? 

Can you shed any light? ?

17 minutes ago, sarahjean said:

Thank you for your reply! I did think it would be ‘no’ at first but when I clicked yes it gave me a drop down menu for potential family unit members and they included everyone from parents to business associates, friends, step brothers etc so it has me really confused? 

Can you shed any light? ?

Some people may have those in their family unit.

As rammygirl says, Your family unit is just you, your partner and any children you may have. Not your extended family. 

43 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Some people may have those in their family unit.

As rammygirl says, Your family unit is just you, your partner and any children you may have. Not your extended family. 

That makes a lot of sense! Thank you  ?