Balance of Family test proof

OZbunny

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding to the Balance of Family test,

So we are planning to apply visa 143 for my parents. They have 2 children: me and my step - brother (from dad and previous wife). I am permanent resident in Australia and my step brother is living permanently in Germany. Regarding to the Balance of Family test, my parents are eligible.

However, the question is how we prove it? My dad and step- brother hardly contact so it is really hard for my dad to get his birth certificate as a proof for their relationship. Or do we just need to mention his name in the Application form and only submit further documents if requested?

Thanks everyone and Have a good one

1 hour ago, OZbunny said:

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding to the Balance of Family test,

So we are planning to apply visa 143 for my parents. They have 2 children: me and my step - brother (from dad and previous wife). I am permanent resident in Australia and my step brother is living permanently in Germany. Regarding to the Balance of Family test, my parents are eligible.

However, the question is how we prove it? My dad and step- brother hardly contact so it is really hard for my dad to get his birth certificate as a proof for their relationship. Or do we just need to mention his name in the Application form and only submit further documents if requested?

Thanks everyone and Have a good one

If your half-brother’s birth was uk registered, I'm fairly sure you don’t need his consent to get a copy of his birth certificate. You can just apply online and pay the £9.25. 

20 hours ago, SusieRoo said:

If your half-brother’s birth was uk registered, I'm fairly sure you don’t need his consent to get a copy of his birth certificate. You can just apply online and pay the £9.25. 

Actually we are Vietnames. My half-brother migrated to Germany 10 years ago. Thats why he hardly contacted with my dad

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, OZbunny said:

Actually we are Vietnames. My half-brother migrated to Germany 10 years ago. Thats why he hardly contacted with my dad

May have been useful to have mentioned this in the first place, people are kindly giving their time to offer suggestions to you based on what you put.  As for your situation,  I don't know the answer. Maybe speak to a migrant agent.  You don't say your dad and his son have lost contact, you say there is hardly any context. The fact that there's some contact must surely mean your dad can ask him for a certified copy of his birth certificate. 

• 1 year later...

I am permanent resident of Australia, from India. I have one elder sister who is based in USA. We have no other siblings and my parents are living in India. I am applying for Parent Contributory Visa Subclass 143. I wanted to ask what documents I need to submit to satisfy the BOF requirement. In India there is no family book or any other documents. Please advise and thanks in advance