finding radiographer jobs while in uk

After a long time lurking i have been feeling brave and signed up..1st things first my Shout out to   @DukeNinja

Your posts pushed me into action and i finally started getting my things inorder. I wanted to ask about the process of getting a job before emigrating. I have emailed a few agents and most never got back to me.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum. Sites like seek.com, careerone.com are good for job ad's, however you may need to see if you qualify for a visa first and start the ball rolling there. If you wanted a good migration agent to help you through the process we have a few who post on the forrum and could help. Their contact details are normally at the bottom of their posts.

Cal x

• 2 weeks later...
Rasrad, Im a sonographer and the process if collating my info to be skills assessed. Can I ask, how long did it take ASMIRT to get back to you with your skills assessment?
I am a Diagnostic Radiographer and it took me 6 months to get my accreditation from ASMIRT

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/05/2018 at 18:47, Rasrad said:

After a long time lurking i have been feeling brave and signed up..1st things first my Shout out to   @DukeNinja

Your posts pushed me into action and i finally started getting my things inorder. I wanted to ask about the process of getting a job before emigrating. I have emailed a few agents and most never got back to me.

Hey mate,

Apologies for the late reply. I haven't been able to contribute to the PIO community recently. How are you getting on with your job hunt? You might find it useful to register with a few agencies, such as Global Health Source:

http://globalhealth.com.au/

My contact was Joanna: joanna@globalhealth.com.au

Or Alexander Associates:

http://alexander-associates.com.au/

My contact was Anthony: anthony@alexander-associates.com.au

Both of them had lined up phone interviews for me.

If you want to work in the public sector, then your best bet is to go to the state that you're interested in's DoH website and search for jobs.

E.g.  https://www.health.qld.gov.au/employment/job-search  for jobs in Qld

Once you find one of interest, then call the contact person on the advert and have a chat about your suitability. I had my visa sorted out beforehand, so that I was more attractive to prospective employers.

Good luck and let me know how you get on!

DN

Edited by DukeNinja

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2019 at 11:12, sresh said:

@DukeNinja Are you still active on this? I am a Radiographer and I have applied for my 189 visa. Can I claim the PDY year as skilled employment? I have provided my positive skills assessment in my application as well.

Where did you do your training? I would err on the side of caution and not include it. The last thing you want is for them to decline it because of this. Hope this helps.