Application

Hi guys, 

So I have finally got round to sending my application off for the big move down under. I did it online so am currently attaching the appropriate documents. However, can I have some advice on what documents to attach for the relationship of us.. it says a marriage certificate (we aren’t married) a family book which I’m unsure as to what this is, household booklet or family composition evidence? 

Any help is greatly appreciated 

Leanne Cooper 

The first tip is to carefully manage your uploads!  You have 60, so you need to gather together say, all your evidence of living together ,and scan it into one document for upload NOT scan each utility bill etc individually.

Make sure you upload all the essentials first - your passport etc, birth certificates, and those of your sponsor before you start on relationship evidence.

There a lots of threads on here about what evidence you might use, so I suggest a quick search.

Edited by Jon the Hat

Concerning the evidence regarding your relationship: you need to prove you and your partner have been together for a minimum of 12 months. If you have no official paperwork like a marriage certificate/civil partnership/registered relationship etc, look for:
- evidence that you live together: bills with both names, rental agreement with both names, all dating back for as far as you can find, etc.
- evidence you are socially accepted as a couple (such as invites to events addressed to both, Facebook posts, photos with friends and family)
- photos of the two of you (plus children, if applicable!)
- evidence of your commitment to each other: life insurance, joint bank account statements, things like that

• Like 1