bank accounts uk to au

y not

Hi All Just wondering how you go about paying for small bits and bobs. Just need to pay for a skills assessment to apply for a EOI $1200 Looked at banks and it seems you can get an account open in the UK for up to a year. Is that ok?  Don't want to go to deep at the mo because might not even get a EOI.

cheers

16 hours ago, y not said:

Hi All Just wondering how you go about paying for small bits and bobs. Just need to pay for a skills assessment to apply for a EOI $1200 Looked at banks and it seems you can get an account open in the UK for up to a year. Is that ok?  Don't want to go to deep at the mo because might not even get a EOI.

cheers

Are you talking about paying for small bits and bobs in Australia while you are still in the UK? If so the easiest option is to use a Visa card. Some offer better deals than others on FX (Visa set the mid-market rate but the card issuer can then charge a fee on top sometimes both a commission and a per transaction fee). Of the UK card issuers Nationwide used to be the best when it came to Foreign transactions (at one time they charged nothing - i.e. you just paid the mid-market rate but they've since introduced fees although I think they're still very competitive).

Thanks all

For the skills assessment they give you an oppsion to post all your stuff from the UK, and give them your sort code and card number by post, so they sort it out there end. Moneycorp is not a bank as such?? Just give you better rates than the banks. I think. So the visa card sounds good for now.

8 hours ago, y not said:

Thanks all

For the skills assessment they give you an oppsion to post all your stuff from the UK, and give them your sort code and card number by post, so they sort it out there end. Moneycorp is not a bank as such?? Just give you better rates than the banks. I think. So the visa card sounds good for now.

It's not a bank, but you do get an account, and then you can transfer money from that account to any other bank account (your own or someone else's). 

Guest John from Moneycorp

Hi there

We are not a bank, we are a money transfer company - we can offer you great exchange rates to help make any international transfers to or from Australia.

Happy to have a chat if you would like to discuss further.

Thanks

John 

Guest The Pom Queen
17 hours ago, y not said:

Thanks all

As others have said, Moneycorp are not a bank, look at them as a third party, you send your money to them they forward it on.