Visa 309 sponsor- ATO debt

manilaoz

Hi everyone,

My partner and I have just lodged our 309 application. Submitted a couple of documents as evidence, and it was all going smoothly until we were stalled with an item under Form 40 sp for sponsors with the question " have you ever had outstanding debts to the government".

Is debt to the ATO considered a debt ? ( sponsor was over refunded by $1k in 2016)? But it's been settled.

Should the answer be a " yes " because the qualifying word is OUTSTANDING?

Also, how much approximately  are sponsors expected to show as bank savings to qualify as sponsors?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to answer this question.

6 hours ago, manilaoz said:

Hi everyone,

My partner and I have just lodged our 309 application. Submitted a couple of documents as evidence, and it was all going smoothly until we were stalled with an item under Form 40 sp for sponsors with the question " have you ever had outstanding debts to the government".

Is debt to the ATO considered a debt ? ( sponsor was over refunded by $1k in 2016)? But it's been settled.

Should the answer be a " yes " because the qualifying word is OUTSTANDING?

Also, how much approximately  are sponsors expected to show as bank savings to qualify as sponsors?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might be able to answer this question.

If the matter has been settled and there is no money owed currently to the ATO, then it is not an outstanding debt. They only want to know if you still owe money, as the debt would have to be cleared (or arrangements in place to clear it) before the visa is issued.

29 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

If the matter has been settled and there is no money owed currently to the ATO, then it is not an outstanding debt. They only want to know if you still owe money, as the debt would have to be cleared (or arrangements in place to clear it) before the visa is issued.

Thank goodness! We've ticked NO based on the phrasing of the question, but was a bit confused with perfect tense used.

Now I feel better. Whew! Thanks for extensively helping out in this forum Nemesis.?

Now back to the laptop for organising the photos we're about to attach.

I wonder if you have an idea how the others on 309 had comprehensively done the photo collation. We've got about 15 slots left for attachment.

Sponsor does not need to show any savings.

Save some upload slots in case requested documents need uploading.

Combine several photos per page and a brief narrative about each photo, combine say around 5 pages into a single PDF and upload that. You are looking for quality here not quantity. Photos over time and with others including family and at different locations.

38 minutes ago, manilaoz said:

Now back to the laptop for organising the photos we're about to attach.

I wonder if you have an idea how the others on 309 had comprehensively done the photo collation. We've got about 15 slots left for attachment.

Most people end up combining things like pics or documents from say bank accounts and so on into PDF's and upload those to save room. 

Have you done this? If not, then put the pics in a PDF and save some space. You don't need masses. Don't go overboard and put hundreds in or anything. 

Hi All,

I have been reading your comments about the number of boxes etc. How many do you get? I was proposing to include a document index and number each document so it’s easy to follow. Doesn’t sound like that it’s possible though if you have boxes? 

Thank you

Stop feeling special!

You have 60 uploads each, if you need them all (60) you have planned badly - around 30-40 in total is fine.

Sort them and name them to make your case officers life easy, not your file look pretty.

If you are refereeing to the 4 written question boxes, then they can not be named.

A Case Officer only is allocated a few hours to process your application, so make it easy for them.

11 hours ago, Stung said:

Sponsor does not need to show any savings.

Save some upload slots in case requested documents need uploading.

Combine several photos per page and a brief narrative about each photo, combine say around 5 pages into a single PDF and upload that. You are looking for quality here not quantity. Photos over time and with others including family and at different locations.

I've started collating photos using the app photo grid which allows captioned photos. Thanks Stung!

11 hours ago, snifter said:

Most people end up combining things like pics or documents from say bank accounts and so on into PDF's and upload those to save room. 

Have you done this? If not, then put the pics in a PDF and save some space. You don't need masses. Don't go overboard and put hundreds in or anything. 

Makes sense. Yeah. I've chosen photos that, as Stung suggested, spans time and groups. Thanks Snifter!