Management Consultant ANZSCO CODE 224711

NQ679

On 01/11/2014 at 13:14, Ozmaniac said:

For a question like that, you really should be having at least an initial consultation with a good RMA but here's my take on it.

In order to apply for a state sponsored visa, you'll must have a positive skills assessment which for that occupation is done by VETASSESS. It's up to them to determine if it's an occupation you can nominate but if you've just graduated, even if your qualification is considered by VETASSESS as being 'highly relevant', you don't have the required post-qualification work experience.

For the occupation of Management Consultant (ANZSCO Code 224711), their requirements for a positive skills assessment are:

... a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If employment is not post-qualification, then five additional years of highly relevant employment are required.

If the degree is not in a highly relevant field, three years of employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to two years if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

Hi!

With relation to the above, im about to lodge my skills assessment with VETASSESS. I have a Bachelor of Business and Commerce Degree and just completed a year of work experience working as an associate Project Manager in Finance/IT (Fintech). Should I make the jump and apply for my skills assessment straight away or request some advice on this from VETASSESS? Appreciate any feedback on this! @Raul Senise 

Kind Regards,

NQ

• 2 months later...
On 15/03/2018 at 03:50, NQ679 said:
  On 01/11/2014 at 13:14, Ozmaniac said:

For a question like that, you really should be having at least an initial consultation with a good RMA but here's my take on it.

In order to apply for a state sponsored visa, you'll must have a positive skills assessment which for that occupation is done by VETASSESS. It's up to them to determine if it's an occupation you can nominate but if you've just graduated, even if your qualification is considered by VETASSESS as being 'highly relevant', you don't have the required post-qualification work experience.

For the occupation of Management Consultant (ANZSCO Code 224711), their requirements for a positive skills assessment are:

... a qualification which is assessed as comparable to the educational level of an Australian Bachelor degree or higher degree, in a field highly relevant to the nominated occupation.

In addition to this, applicants must have at least one year of post-qualification employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation. If employment is not post-qualification, then five additional years of highly relevant employment are required.

If the degree is not in a highly relevant field, three years of employment at an appropriate skill level completed in the last five years in a field which is highly relevant to the nominated occupation is required. This is reduced to two years if there is an additional qualification at least at AQF Diploma level in a highly relevant field.

A positive assessment of both qualifications and employment is required for a positive Skills Assessment Outcome.

Hi!

With relation to the above, im about to lodge my skills assessment with VETASSESS. I have a Bachelor of Business and Commerce Degree and just completed a year of work experience working as an associate Project Manager in Finance/IT (Fintech). Should I make the jump and apply for my skills assessment straight away or request some advice on this from VETASSESS? Appreciate any feedback on this! @Raul Senise 

Kind Regards,

NQ

Hi Raul Senise,

Would you like to let me know the outcome of your application?

My degree is similar to you and I also want to assess my degree with VETASSESS.

Thank you and best regards,