Midwives I need your advise

10 hours ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:
11 hours ago, ali said:
It might limit her opportunities

As long as its not impossible, just need to fins someone in desperate need of midwives?? ;

I don't know about midwifery - but the role might require movements between depts. - she would specifically need to ask if she had restricted duties.

12 hours ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

The surgery has left her partially disabled, not too sure on disability laws in au

If they are like any other laws here, they exist but organisations spend a lot of time working out how to circumvent them........without getting caught,  to suit themselves.

It’s going to depend on the individual employer. Some adverts have a part where you can state your disability and then say what support you will need.

I know an admin lady who has MS, a local council employed her and was very understanding of her need to have time off when she was in a relapse stage. Fully supported her. So places do exist, but it will be the manager at the time and their views on the situation as well as the culture of the organisation. Both of which can change at any time. 

Can’t offer more hope than that I’m afraid.