489 Processing time?

JetBlast

Hello,

Does anyone have any rough ideas of the processing time on the 489 visa please? I am looking at getting sponsorship for South Australia via the invited pathway. I haven't submitted an EOI yet.

The department of home affairs website isn't helpful, it just says "Unavailable due to low volume of applications.' - https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/489-

Many Thanks

Edited by JetBlast

@JetBlast 

My timeline is below, still waiting fro grant:

VETASSESS - Screening  17-Oct-17
VETASSESS - Positive Outcome 6-Nov-17
EOI & State Nomination Lodged 7-Nov-17
ITA Received 23-Nov-17
Visa Application Lodged 24-Dec-17
Health Check Done & PCC 31-Dec-17

Awaiting grant.  tic toc tic toc tic toc...

I requested for a priority VETASSESS assessment by paying an extra fee, this cuts down the time as a normal assessment can take a month or two (not sure) where as a priority assessment takes 10 days. I hope this gives you a fair idea of the timeline..

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi

Am new this forum plz guide me i applied eoi on 489 as a chef with 60 points .what is the next step i have to do apply state nomination for particular state or i have to wait untill invite me through immi.plz send me valuable information and step to follow

Thanks

Zakeee

On 13/03/2018 at 05:44, woody2709 said:

Don't forget it's not just the visa processing time. You also need to apply directly to the SA government separately for state nomination. This process can take some time also http://www.migration.sa.gov.au/skilled-migrants/nomination-process

Hi guys,  we need to wait for positive response of EOI. After that we have to apply for state nomination or we can apply before EOI result. 

38 minutes ago, woody2709 said:
1 hour ago, Mohammed said:
Hi guys,  we need to wait for positive response of EOI. After that we have to apply for state nomination or we can apply before EOI result. 

What state will you be applying for?

NSW