Roger Waters Concert

Anyone go last Tuesday at Perth Arena?

Brilliant concert but could have done without a lot of the political BS. We were approached before we got in the venue by some lady handing leaflets out and asked us if we'd like to hear Rogers views on Palestine. She was most dischuffed when I said I was only there for the music and followed us down the road a way.

I've seen Pink Floyd loads of times and for a band that used to sell themselves on a mantra of "it's all about the music" it's a shame that Rogers gone too political. He always was a bit but he's got worse as he's got older.

Still a fantastic concert though.

Yes, Jake commented on the screen shots constantly playing in the background but he's into that stuff anyway. He want to be "more politically aware" he says. The last few weeks I've had to sit through "Poor Cow" Saturday Night and Sunday Morning"  "Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" "Alfie" "Up the Junction" etc...................says he wants to know about his roots and my political motivation for my views on Thatcher :-)

5 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

Anyone go last Tuesday at Perth Arena?

Brilliant concert but could have done without a lot of the political BS. We were approached before we got in the venue by some lady handing leaflets out and asked us if we'd like to hear Rogers views on Palestine. She was most dischuffed when I said I was only there for the music and followed us down the road a way.

I've seen Pink Floyd loads of times and for a band that used to sell themselves on a mantra of "it's all about the music" it's a shame that Rogers gone too political. He always was a bit but he's got worse as he's got older.

Still a fantastic concert though.

It's part of the reason I prefer Pink Floyd sans Roger Waters, they have lost none of their brilliance under Dave Gilmours 'leadership' and they stick to doing what they do best, being the greatest band in the history of the world lol

17 hours ago, Johndoe said:

Yes, Jake commented on the screen shots constantly playing in the background but he's into that stuff anyway. He want to be "more politically aware" he says. The last few weeks I've had to sit through "Poor Cow" Saturday Night and Sunday Morning"  "Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner" "Alfie" "Up the Junction" etc...................says he wants to know about his roots and my political motivation for my views on Thatcher :-)

Some decent films there JD. They look dated now though. Reflect the times pretty well though.

Funnily enough I really enjoyed Billy Elliot. That might be a good one for Jake.

Just about any of Ken Loach's films would be good too. Raining Stones is a personal favourite but he captures the British working class spirit very well.

16 hours ago, bristolman said:

It's part of the reason I prefer Pink Floyd sans Roger Waters, they have lost none of their brilliance under Dave Gilmours 'leadership' and they stick to doing what they do best, being the greatest band in the history of the world lol

I think Dave Gilmour and Roger are doing the same kind of shows. Maybe Dave's have got a bit less of the political stuff.

Either of them would be great to see live still.

4 hours ago, Paul1Perth said:

I think Dave Gilmour and Roger are doing the same kind of shows. Maybe Dave's have got a bit less of the political stuff.

Either of them would be great to see live still.

There has never been anything political at the Pink Floyd shows we have been to, just music. Best live shows I have ever seen bar none. 

Archived