Buying properties in Melbourne West

Ss to aus

Hello everyone, 

I will be moving to Australia on working visa 457 in next two month or so,

Initially i have plan to rent three bedroom house for 6 six months before i decide to buy 

I was wondering as foreigner on working visa how much extra Stump duty i have to pay. 

My Budget of buying properties in West side of Melbourne is $600K only. 

I am looking for 50 to 60 minutes by Public transport, Train to CBD.

Regards, 

I wouldn't be buying a property on a 457 visa. All you've got with a 457 is a temp job - you have no job security or right to stay in the country.  If you find the job isn't to your liking, or the company gets into trouble, you will have to leave the country - and you'll be lumbered with a property that's a liability.

Of course, you could rent the property out, but you'll be crucified for tax by the Australian government because you'll be a foreign landlord, which will make it a very bad investment.  

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I wouldn't be buying a property on a 457 visa. All you've got with a 457 is a temp job - you have no job security or right to stay in the country.  If you find the job isn't to your liking, or the company gets into trouble, you will have to leave the country - and you'll be lumbered with a property that's a liability.

Of course, you could rent the property out, but you'll be crucified for tax by the Australian government because you'll be a foreign landlord, which will make it a very bad investment.  

Thanks for your reply.

Also thanks for your suggestion, well i am more or less satisfy with Job so that is not an issue, also the company is top-10 in the world so i am quite not worried from that part.

But never the less you are right it could be bad investment if i leave before i get my PR.

Also now a days i have to wait for three years before my company can sponsor for my PR due to requirement of visa, until n unless i apply by myself, not sure whether it can approve or not.

Also not sure is it worth to move to Australia at the age of 42, lot of uncertainty. 

Regards, 

1 hour ago, Ss to aus said:

Thanks for your reply.

Also thanks for your suggestion, well i am more or less satisfy with Job so that is not an issue, also the company is top-10 in the world so i am quite not worried from that part.

But never the less you are right it could be bad investment if i leave before i get my PR.

Also now a days i have to wait for three years before my company can sponsor for my PR due to requirement of visa, until n unless i apply by myself, not sure whether it can approve or not.

Also not sure is it worth to move to Australia at the age of 42, lot of uncertainty. 

Regards, 

Do not assume you will qualify for PR as many won't. You need to assume you will be returning to your home country at the end of the 457, if not sooner. 

For example, if you need to be sponsored for PR by the company and are aged 42, well, the cut off to be sponsored for PR - or an independent skilled visa - is 45. The moment you have your 45th birthday you are no longer eligible. Add in that occupations are removed regularly (over 200 last year) there is certainly no gauruntee of PR. 

14 hours ago, Ss to aus said:

you are right it could be bad investment if i leave before i get my PR.

If you have to wait three years to get sponsored for PR, it will be too late - once you reach the age of 45, you can't get PR.  

Are you eligible to apply for a skilled visa by yourself now?   If not, then moving to Australia won't make any difference - you will still have to meet all the same requirements as you do if you apply from your own country.

3 hours ago, Marisawright said:

If you have to wait three years to get sponsored for PR, it will be too late - once you reach the age of 45, you can't get PR.  

Are you eligible to apply for a skilled visa by yourself now?   If not, then moving to Australia won't make any difference - you will still have to meet all the same requirements as you do if you apply from your own country.

Yes i am eligible to app;y for PR by myself, i have checked with my immigration agency and they have done the evaluation.  so i am thinking of applying for PR by myself or tell company to apply for my PR directly and once PR is approved then only i will move to Australia. 

Thanks for your advice

16 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

Do not assume you will qualify for PR as many won't. You need to assume you will be returning to your home country at the end of the 457, if not sooner. 

For example, if you need to be sponsored for PR by the company and are aged 42, well, the cut off to be sponsored for PR - or an independent skilled visa - is 45. The moment you have your 45th birthday you are no longer eligible. Add in that occupations are removed regularly (over 200 last year) there is certainly no gauruntee of PR. 

Thanks for your valuable feedback and advice, i will keep this in mind, 

Seems like it is risky to migrate to Australia at this AGe, as currently i am very much comfortable in Singapore. 

Only migrating to Australia is this Job is very good in term of Future growth and less study stress for kids , and of course i can get big house :)

Regards,  

1 hour ago, Ss to aus said:

Yes i am eligible to app;y for PR by myself, i have checked with my immigration agency and they have done the evaluation.  so i am thinking of applying for PR by myself or tell company to apply for my PR directly and once PR is approved then only i will move to Australia. 

Thanks for your advice

OK, in that case do NOT accept the 457.  Wait and apply for PR and move once you have been accepted. It is an unnecessary risk to accept the 457 which is only a temporary contract.

11 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

OK, in that case do NOT accept the 457.  Wait and apply for PR and move once you have been accepted. It is an unnecessary risk to accept the 457 which is only a temporary contract.

Appreciate your suggestion, 

BTW can employer apply for PR if the employer has fast track to obtain it, when i have check in below link seems lke 457 is not suitable for me guess employer nomination subclass 186 is more suitable and i can ask employer accordingly.

https://www.immigrationdirect.com.au/migrant/permanent-resident.jsp

Archived