Pearson online mock

jrc01

Has anyone completed the online Pearson mock tests? Do you think they're representative of the test on the day? I just scored 90 across the board in the one I just took which makes me suspicious as I swear I sucked at a few of the speaking ones... I did get 73 in pronunciation which not sure what that was based off of. Shame I can't get a breakdown of my answers. 

6 hours ago, sparkymalarky said:

yeah they are pretty close although the biggest thing your missing the actual pressure of being in those conditions on the day which we all know makes alot of difference

Yeah i guess you have the distractions of other people talking in particular. Think I might take my second scored mock with a film on in the background or something to have some kind of background noise. 

10 hours ago, saffys said:

yes it was very similar - have u practiced methods from E2 language page and you tube?? 

The noise of others in the room is distracting - but try to focus on you and your goal! I did and aced it!! good luck xx

I hadn't but will check them out - thanks!

I had hoped that being an Oxford-educated native speaker that I'd breeze through but some of the test is harder than you'd expect! I've been having a few memory issues lately so sections like 'listen to this sentence and say it back' I find especially stressful. 

6 hours ago, jrc01 said:

I hadn't but will check them out - thanks!

I had hoped that being an Oxford-educated native speaker that I'd breeze through but some of the test is harder than you'd expect! I've been having a few memory issues lately so sections like 'listen to this sentence and say it back' I find especially stressful. 

speaking is first so the trick is to get logged in and begin before anyone else or you will get alot of nattering as you begin to concentrate which isnt ideal. Dont over think it or stress if you cant keep up i messed up 1 or 2 and i still scored 90 for speaking