Migration Agents

Nurse14

Hello, can anyone recommend a Migration Agent/Company to use please?...I am unsure if the company I am dealing with now are genuine as they have had £600 up front and nothing has happened,...they want another 2 x £600 but I’m afraid to go any further with them as I don’t know if they are genuine, so praps I should cut my losses and look for a company that people have had good experiences with. Any help appreciated. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nurse14 said:

Hello, can anyone recommend a Migration Agent/Company to use please?...I am unsure if the company I am dealing with now are genuine as they have had £600 up front and nothing has happened,...they want another 2 x £600 but I’m afraid to go any further with them as I don’t know if they are genuine, so praps I should cut my losses and look for a company that people have had good experiences with. Any help appreciated. 

Do they have a MARA registered agent on board? What's the initial £600 for? What visa are you after?

Edited by Nemesis

1 hour ago, Nurse14 said:

Hi...there is a MARA agent a owner of the company and the £600 was ‘for my case’...I’ve been advised to go for the 457 Visa, applying for the 186 Visa before leaving the UK, thanks 

Maybe express your concerns via a direct communication with the registered migration agent before you write off £600?

In the meantime, do you have an employer lined up to sponsor you?

Do you have a skilled visa strategy available that means you can apply without needing an employer sponsor?

Best regards.

For 600 quid, I would expect to have a detailed visa strategy in place by now. There are a number of good Registered Migration Agents, but also a number that seem not so good.

Have you been informed on what 457 visa it will be? I assume with the 189 visa application before arrival in Australia it is the short term 457 (2 years). Also have they informed you that the 457 visa system is going to be abolished.

Have they given you expected processing times?

It might be best to shop around a bit and research several Registered Migration Agents and see who you feel most comfortable with, there are a number of good Australian based ones also.

Hi everyone

We used Visa-go emmigraton company in Edinburgh. Darren chatt he is always there for any queries just a phone call away. . Allways good to know how it’s going on. I have friends who have used them and had no problems. Very professional 

visa-go is a genuine well known company.

john/Beth

18 hours ago, Nurse14 said:

Hi, 

I was just wondering (May seem an obvious question), are you a nurse? Also what advice have you been given by agents about migrating as a nurse to oz? 

I am looking into migrating in the future and, just looking at what processes I'll need to go through etc. 

Appreciate any advice! :) 

Some organisations retain the services of a registered migration agent as a consultant, which is sometimes no more than window dressing to gain the confidence of prospective applicants.

Confirm with the organisation you select that your case will be managed by a registered migration agent, not by unqualified ancillary staff.