Moving from WHV to 820/801

maxsoaps

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I had a look but couldn't find anything.

I recently moved over to Aus from London with my Australian partner, it was quite a last minute decision, so having got some advice we thought it would be easier for me to get a WHV for now and then apply for the 820/801. I sponsored her when she lived in London with me for 4 years so hopefully we have all the info they need! 

The question I have is can we start the process of applying for the 820/801 before the end of the WHV (which is end of Nov) as we want to get things going? Also I have been offered a 12 month job and worried about the 6 month restriction if we apply for the partner visa can that help? As will move onto bridging visa? 

Hopefully that was succinct enough and make sense! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Yes you can lodge ahead of the WHV ending. Ensure you have all the evidence you need for the timeframe and also to keep any evidence in the future. It may well be needed. 

However, you are afaik stuck on the working conditions of the WHV till it ends. The 6 month restriction doesn't end because you have lodged an application for a partner visa. The bridging visa will only kick in once the WHV has ended, which is the end of November from what you say. 

12 hours ago, maxsoaps said:

Hi everyone,

Apologies if this has been asked before, I had a look but couldn't find anything.

I recently moved over to Aus from London with my Australian partner, it was quite a last minute decision, so having got some advice we thought it would be easier for me to get a WHV for now and then apply for the 820/801. I sponsored her when she lived in London with me for 4 years so hopefully we have all the info they need! 

The question I have is can we start the process of applying for the 820/801 before the end of the WHV (which is end of Nov) as we want to get things going? Also I have been offered a 12 month job and worried about the 6 month restriction if we apply for the partner visa can that help? As will move onto bridging visa? 

Hopefully that was succinct enough and make sense! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers.

Yes, you can apply for the partner visa at any time. Extending the 6 month work limitation while the working holiday visa is still valid is also possible.

Good planning and advice would be advised in this situation.