buying in Victoria/Tasmania

libbye

I've tried googling for information but as usual totally confused by the different headings.

What is the stamp duty on a house i.e. $300000.  Victoria or Tasmania   Are there any other expenses involved?

It would be a cash sale and we're pensioners and no we wouldn't be first time buyers even though we've been away for 13 years.

Assuming it's not a new house, stamp duty in Victoria would be $11,370 or $9,935 in Tasmania. You'd also have the 'Transfer fee (a government fee for registering your name on the title of the property and removing the vendor’s name.) of around $900 in Victoria or $200 in Tasmania

bloody hell and I thought it was expensive here.  how things have changed over the years.  Tasmania certainly seems more realistic  and properties are

about a third of the price to Melbourne although in Ballarat they a re more reasonable by the look of it.  C'est la vie!   It pays to know these things and I do appreciate

your replies.