Urgent support needed!

Guest Morag

Just asking about the living away from home allowance, we are on the way to melbourne on a 457, my job is in Oakleighn not far from you. We have been looking at places in and around Bentleigh. How did you find out about this allowance, what criteria do you need and who is the allowance from, if you don't mind me asking. I have not heard of this before and if you claim it does it restrict you from anything, ie is it a benifit??

Hope you don't mind me asking.

I hope you don't mind me butting in but I had to say that Bentleigh is a lovely place, we're living there. If you want any specific information, just ask!!!

With regards to the living away from home allowance my husband gets it. Google 'living away from home allowance basics' and it should come up with some stuff.

In answer to your questions yes it is a benefit, you are entitled to certain tax benefits as a non resident. The only thing that is a restriction is that if you want to buy land or property (anything that shows your intention to be a permenant resident) you will loose your living away from home allowance.

Good luck with the move - when are you hoping to get here???

Archived