AITSL Assessment- request for additional evidence

SarahL

Hi Sarah,

I can't really help directly with your question but I recently (within last 3 weeks) dealt with them for my wife's assessment and they didn't take anywhere  near 10 weeks. We had an email within 4 weeks to tell us result was on its way and then the good old postal service took 2 weeks. Felt longer with the suspense. They probably close for Christmas shortly too.

1 minute ago, Jsmull87 said:

Hi Sarah,

I can't really help directly with your question but I recently (within last 3 weeks) dealt with them for my wife's assessment and they didn't take anywhere  near 10 weeks. We had an email within 4 weeks to tell us result was on its way and then the good old postal service took 2 weeks. Felt longer with the suspense. They probably close for Christmas shortly too.

Thanks for your reply, hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer then :)

Thank you for your reply, skills assessment all done and accepted.  I had a letter from the university explaining the missing transcripts and photocopied parts of the hand. Book from the archives.  Eoi submitted with 65 points just waiting now.

On 18/12/2017 at 15:11, Richard Gregan said:

Typically, AITSL says that the assessment takes 10 weeks from the receipt of all required documents. It's up to the case officer whether they strictly enforce this though. Also, assessments can be finalised earlier than 10 weeks. Hopefully it won't be too much longer.

Regards,

Richard

Thanks Richard.

We received notification that they had the additional evidence on the 19th December (even though the courier delivered it on the 3rd) and had an email this morning to say the application was complete. Thankfully not an extra 10 weeks after all :)

Guest Anna9879
20 hours ago, SarahL said:

Thanks Richard.

We received notification that they had the additional evidence on the 19th December (even though the courier delivered it on the 3rd) and had an email this morning to say the application was complete. Thankfully not an extra 10 weeks after all :)

Hi, WHat additional documents did they ask?

7 hours ago, Anna9879 said:

Hi, WHat additional documents did they ask?

This is what they asked for:

"Your application requires the following supporting evidence to enable AITSL complete your assessment:  

• Statement from the University detailing the supervised teaching practice you completed as part of the Postgraduate Certificate in Education
AITSL acknowledges that your application did include information about the PGCE program however it did not include specific information about what you were required to do in order to meet the supervised teaching practice requirements of the qualification. Please refer to your application and guide for further information about evidence of supervised teaching practice.
Digital copies sent by email will not be accepted."

So if you are in the process of submitting your application make sure that the number of supervised teaching days is explicitly referred to. I thought we had covered it with the course summary detailing the 120 days of school- based training days and a letter stating the age ranges and the schools in which it took place. However, in hindsight it is not specifically stating the number of SUPERVISED days. Hope this helps you to avoid the mistake we made :) 

Guest Anna9879
On 12/21/2017 at 19:26, SarahL said:
This is what they asked for:

"Your application requires the following supporting evidence to enable AITSL complete your assessment:  

• Statement from the University detailing the supervised teaching practice you completed as part of the Postgraduate Certificate in Education
AITSL acknowledges that your application did include information about the PGCE program however it did not include specific information about what you were required to do in order to meet the supervised teaching practice requirements of the qualification. Please refer to your application and guide for further information about evidence of supervised teaching practice.
Digital copies sent by email will not be accepted."

So if you are in the process of submitting your application make sure that the number of supervised teaching days is explicitly referred to. I thought we had covered it with the course summary detailing the 120 days of school- based training days and a letter stating the age ranges and the schools in which it took place. However, in hindsight it is not specifically stating the number of SUPERVISED days. Hope this helps you to avoid the mistake we made :) 

how many days of supervised teaching is required? 

Archived