Parent visa question

zoedan24

Hi, my parents are currently in the que for their parent visa (the expensive long term one). They put the paperwork in july and have just sold their house and want to know if theres any way they can move over earlier before there visa is granted? Or whether they just have to wait it out on the UK. 

Thanks. 

On 15/12/2017 at 10:05, zoedan24 said:

Hi, my parents are currently in the que for their parent visa (the expensive long term one). They put the paperwork in july and have just sold their house and want to know if theres any way they can move over earlier before there visa is granted? Or whether they just have to wait it out on the UK. 

Thanks. 

I would suggest they look at this thread. It’s an absolute mine of information....

https://www.pomsinoz.com/topic/50481-the-brand-new-pio-parents-visa-thread/

19 hours ago, Alan Collett said:

They can get long term visitor visas permitting a stay of 12 months in every 18 (compulsory private health cover required, plus a medical examination) - and the much anticipated temporary parent visa may help to bridge the gap as and when it becomes available.

Best regards.

Thanks alan ?

9 hours ago, zoedan24 said:

They had to sell there house to get money to pay for the visa as jts about 50k each. 

But the visas are over a three year wait right now and you don't have to pay the second instalment until the end.  They can get the 12 month visas but they still then need somewhere to stay in the uk after that (can only use that visa for 12 out of 18 months) whilst waiting the current 38 months . They also need to pay for health insurance whilst on that visa. Think I would have kept the house a bit longer, could have done the 12 month visa thing and rented the house out for that 12 months.  The return on doing that twice would make far more than it being in a savings account for years and they'd have a base for the 6 months they can't be in Oz.  

• Like 1