applying for/obtaining builders licence??

hi there due to arrive early next year on an independent skilled 175 visa as a bricklayer,but i am interested in obtaining a builders licence , i realise that this is a lengthy process but was wondering if anyone on here has already done this or is in the process ??? thx for looking ,The Jolly Swahi there due to arrive early next year on an independent skilled 175 visa as a bricklayer,but i am interested in obtaining a builders licence , i realise that this is a lengthy process but was wondering if anyone on here has already done this or is in the process ??? thx for looking ,The Jolly Swagman

• 7 months later...

Hi just wondering if you managed to sort out the licence problem, we moved to Brisbae in Dec 08 not realising that my OH would need to have his City and Guilds cert, assessed for the Asutralian standard and then apply for a builders license we have been quoted $3600 for this. No one made us aware that you would have to go thru this once arriving in Australia. Is this what you had to do, who did you do it thru and did it cost that much? Any advise would be appreciated thanks

Archived