Validation trip

trudimary

It looks like we are going to have to do a validation trip after all. We are state sponsored by the NT on a 489 visa, but we just want to come into the country to activate our visas and return to the UK within the shortest feasible time due to the cost. On googling flights they seem to come in pricey for the NT so my question is can we land anywhere (cheapest) in Australia to activate our visas?

1 hour ago, kevsan said:

yes, and once you cross the border you're done.

you could in theory go from arrival hall to departures and leave on the next available flight. that would play havoc with your jetlag though!

Its actually easier for your body tdeal with than a 2 day stopover in oz.If you get straight back on the plane then your body has not had time to adjust to its new time zone, its still living on the old one.

36 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Its actually easier for your body tdeal with than a 2 day stopover in oz.If you get straight back on the plane then your body has not had time to adjust to its new time zone, its still living on the old one.

good to know, although hopefully i never have to test it!

It’s also normally much cheaper if your trip includes a Saturday stay. Don’t ask me why, it just does. Did a business trip to the US last month, I went Mon-Thurs, a colleague stayed the weekend to visit family and my ticket was about 70% more expensive!

Archived