How long for invite

reubs2016

Waiting on invite with 60points non pro rata occupation.

It's impossible to say when this will happen but does anybody have any idea???

Date of effect is 30/08/17

Occupation general electrician

Very frustrating waiting on an invite plus our ceiling is 9k for this year and only a few been invited so far

Sent from my SM-G935F using PomsinOz mobile app

Hi Reubs, we spoke about this before. It's so frustrating, isn't it? As a reminder, I'm also on 60 points and non-pro-rata (Construction Project Manager). My date of EOI is 9th July.

If the invite numbers had stayed as high as they were in September then I was expecting an invite in October, but with it going back down to 1250 per round in October then it means that they are only just about keeping up with those on 65 points.

So basically it's all completely dependent on how many invites they decide to issue each round. If they announce that it's back up to 1750 per round, or thereabouts, for November then I should get an invite in the first round in November (and you probably next). But if the numbers remain at 1250 then I don't think we'll get invited for many, many months ... until the pro-rata occupations reach their ceilings. So it's a total unknown! And meanwhile the whole system could change or be scrapped altogether! Difficult to plan/think ahead when there are so many variables.

I've now applied for 190 for NSW too to increase options, but nothing from there yet either. 

Not much we can do! You would think that it'd be beneficial to the system to have more of a mix of professions going through tho - i.e. inviting the top 20 pointers for each profession before sharing the rest of the places out to those with highest points.  That way you might get 20 GPs on 60 points, 20 construction project managers, 20 electricians on 60 points etc ... rather than 1000s of accountants and IT workers on 75 points and a handful of everyone else. But I guess they have the system the way they have for a reason?

What will be will be ...

• Like 2

The high quantity of fake pro rata EOIs has messed the system up a lot this year. My guess its all the staff who got made redundant in april when all the big changes took place. Even my agent said its unusual this year with the progress of invites

Edited by woody2709

Very frustrating I completely underestimated this happening I assumed an invite would be imminent a few weeks after EOI, wouldn't mind but I have everything ready to go since April was just saving a few quid as it's costing $10000 as I have parter and 4 kids. Sorry I didn't apply before July. Worst case scenario I think once ceiling is reached for pro rata we should get invited but that's gonna be march/April next year

Yeh that’s a pain in the ass if you’re ready to go already. I wasn’t that bothered about the wait initially as I’m expecting another baby next month so would have had to wait until after that before doing the medicals anyway. But didn’t think it could potentially take until April/May 2018 to even get an invite. Plus the time for the visa to be granted has increased now too. So could be stuck here for more than a year more. Would be great though get invite before the end of the year. I’ve also had skills assessment since April too and could’ve submitted the EOI in June if I had been able to get booked in to an IELTS test earlier ... 

Too late now. So I guess we just have to try to be patient. We could really do with moving house as well but difficult to know if it’s worth doing it or not when no idea how soon/if a move to Oz might be on the cards. 

Just now, reubs2016 said:

My wife is in the middle of a degree at uni so we won't be going anywhere for another few years however I'm 38 next year so we want to get the visa so as soon as she qualifies we can go!

This is what we were doing. I just graduated last month but we seemed to always be waiting on something. We now have EOI in with 60 points but will update to 65 as soon as my skills assessment comes. I have fast tracked so they guarantee for it to be passed to CO for assessment within 15 working days and should be decision ready so hopefully have result within another week after that. 

Thanks bud. Yeah, its impossible to predict anything with timescales. I saw someone put their EOI in July, invite 1 week later, then visa grant in September!!!! So clearly things can be super quick, or....super slow hahahaha. I'm a single applicant with a simple straightforward case, so I'm hoping my application progress should be quick as I'm going to get my agent to front-load my medicals, police certs and form 80.

Hi All

Unofficial results from the 18th October round look as if the 65 pointers from non pro rata occupations only moved 4 days forward. So they are getting backed up again, meaning even longer to wait for a 189 invite for 60 pointers. Unless the numbers invited increase a lot. 

Good news for us - I received an invite from NSW to apply for state sponsorship for the 190 visa this morning. Think that part can take another few weeks and only then you get the actual 190 invite. So I’ll probablt wait a few days to respond to see if the 189 invites are increasing loads in November or anything. Exciting stuff though - would be quite happy to live in NSW!

good luck for the next rounds all