187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

186 is different and 187 is different

For 186 you need to be on 457 visa for 2 years then you will apply for 186. Which is called transition stream.

For 187 you apply straight forward which takes 8 to 10 months to grant. Which is direct stream.

Sent from my SM-G360G using Tapatalk

186 is different and 187 is different

For 186 you need to be on 457 visa for 2 years then you will apply for 186. Which is called transition stream.

For 187 you apply straight forward which takes 8 to 10 months to grant. Which is direct stream.

Actually both 186 and 187 have transition and direct entry, check it on immu website.

Actually both 186 and 187 have transition and direct entry, check it on immu website.

How both have transition and direct stream?

In employer sponsorship There are three streams.

1. 186 ENS (transition stream)

2. 187 RSMS (Direct entry )

3. Agreement stream

How both have transition and direct stream?

In employer sponsorship There are three streams.

1. 186 ENS (transition stream)

2. 187 RSMS (Direct entry )

3. Agreement stream

Paki, I think you are a bit confused. They have both all the kind of streams (direct, transition and labour agreement). The difference is that 186 is non regional while 187 is regional. In addition, 186 has a few different requirements to satisfy in order to have the nomination and visa approved.

If you notice, applicant applying for 186 are mainly coming from the 457 visa and they are not in regional-classified areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paki, I think you are a bit confused. They have both all the kind of streams (direct, transition and labour agreement). The difference is that 186 is non regional while 187 is regional. In addition, 186 has a few different requirements to satisfy in order to have the nomination and visa approved.

If you notice, applicant applying for 186 are mainly coming from the 457 visa and they are not in regional-classified areas.

187 visa (RSMS) could you please explain transition and direct stream?

Might be i am wrong.

Transition stream is for applicants that have completed 2 years of work under a 457 visa with the same employer.

Direct stream is for applicants that haven't had or briefly had any type of working visa such as 457 and therefore not entitled to apply under the transition stream.

The Immi website explain all the differences and what the requirements are for all the different streams.

Just wondering have anyone from mid feb or from last feb got the visa on this forum or outside of this forum. I did not see anyone who got the visa from feb month except start feb. month. It's nearly 10 months but did not hear any news regarding nomination and visa and now Christmas holiday.

Hi just joined to give my timeline i been following this forum during the frustrating waiting period and it helped to hear positive results on the forum so to everyone out there also waiting stay positive the visa was a rms 187 skilled occupation motor mechanic area is WA regional and my visa took little over 6 months they requested more documents exactly 5 months after the visa application which was police clearances im from South Africa so its a high risk country i dont think it really made much difference.

My ma submitted the regional body application and nomination and visa aplication days apart from each other the visa application was decision ready we just were late with police clearances.

visa application 06 07 2016

documents requested 07 11 2016

submitted documents 29 11 2016

visa granted today 19 12 2016

good luck to everyone your visa will come soon

Congratulations ? Enjoy your best moments Ever ☺

Just wondering have anyone from mid feb or from last feb got the visa on this forum or outside of this forum. I did not see anyone who got the visa from feb month except start feb. month. It's nearly 10 months but did not hear any news regarding nomination and visa and now Christmas holiday.

we're almost same timeline naviozz

Nomination feb 24

visa feb 26

HR

Restaurant Manager

still waiting

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote

Myself and my partner were requested to go for our medicals on the 14/12 so we completed them yesterday. Does anybody know how long roughly immi take to look at the medical results?

Also on my immi account it tells me to click on the 'information provided' once I've provided the necessary information. So shall I press that now since we've been for our medicals even though we haven't attached anymore documents into my application? Sorry if that doesn't make any sense! Getting so impatient now and with Christmas around the corner I have a feeling immi are going to slow down even more.

Guest Shengzhe Yu
Myself and my partner were requested to go for our medicals on the 14/12 so we completed them yesterday. Does anybody know how long roughly immi take to look at the medical results?

Also on my immi account it tells me to click on the 'information provided' once I've provided the necessary information. So shall I press that now since we've been for our medicals even though we haven't attached anymore documents into my application? Sorry if that doesn't make any sense! Getting so impatient now and with Christmas around the corner I have a feeling immi are going to slow down even more.

when you pressed ' information provided' you don't need to do anything for medicals. In fact your reports should be sent to immi the same day after your check online. Don't worry about that! Usually, it may take up to one months when you clear everything. Be patient and waiting for good news! All best for you!

This is an automated response regarding ENS 186/RSMS 187 applications. Please do not respond to this email**

Email Updated on 22 December 2016

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

We are currently allocating ENS/RSMS cases lodged between February and June 2016, however not all cases in this date range have been allocated.

You may be contacted when your case is allocated or if further information is required. Please note that we will not respond to status enquiries.

Please ensure that all supporting documents are provided and attached to your application via your Immi Account, so when your case is allocated, it may be processed as quickly as possible.

when you pressed ' information provided' you don't need to do anything for medicals. In fact your reports should be sent to immi the same day after your check online. Don't worry about that! Usually, it may take up to one months when you clear everything. Be patient and waiting for good news! All best for you!

Thanks I've just checked on my immi account and my medical says no action required where as my partners still says processing which I'm expecting will take a couple of weeks as he has type 1 diabetes. Fingers crossed immi are satisfied with everything else in my application as all they requested was the medicals. Praying for a grant before Australia Day!

i am on student visa.i m going to apply 187 visa.my nomination is already approved.i want to know after apply my visa can i apply for medicare.i m not cancelling my student visa yet.does anyone know can i apply for medicare or not yet

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

i am on student visa.i m going to apply 187 visa.my nomination is already approved.i want to know after apply my visa can i apply for medicare.i m not cancelling my student visa yet.does anyone know can i apply for medicare or not yet

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

You can apply for Medicare.

You need you bridging visa copy and pasport.