187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hi how long they take more time after nomination approved?

Ā 

If you applied visa and nomination at the same time, should be within days and few weeks but if you applied after your nomination was approved then your file will be still on the very bottom of the CO desk, can take months

Hi guys, a friend told me something last night that I ve never heard before. An immi officer told her boss that the 2 years count from when you apply for your visa not when the visa is granted. That's why we are eligible for medicare. Has anyone ever heard of that before?

Hi guys, a friend told me something last night that I ve never heard before. An immi officer told her boss that the 2 years count from when you apply for your visa not when the visa is granted. That's why we are eligible for medicare. Has anyone ever heard of that before?

Ā 

Never heard that but if it's true, that would be awesome!

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

No way mate it's wrong information. It starts from the date of visa approval.

Let's see how many grants we get in this week. I am desperately waiting for any news regarding my nomination and visa. It's been more than 2 weeks since we hear any news. Maintenance schedule according to their website has finished so hope they Will allocate the files. God please help us. Waiting for more than 9 months is killing now: loosing patience.... even family member as well.

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see how many grants we get in this week. I am desperately waiting for any news regarding my nomination and visa. It's been more than 2 weeks since we hear any news. Maintenance schedule according to their website has finished so hope they Will allocate the files. God please help us. Waiting for more than 9 months is killing now: loosing patience.... even family member as well.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

What do you mean with "family member as well"? [emoji47]

Ā 

Ā 

Hi Guys,

Ā 

I have applied for 187 visa today for me and my husband.

I already have reciprocal medicare card.

Can my husband apply for temporary medicare card so we can stop private medical insurance and save a bit of money.

What are the documents do we need to get temporary medicare card?

Ā 

We have 457 visa until May 2020.I hope we will not have any problem travelling out of country.

Ā 

Regards

I have the same situation please help in my visa condition . I need to chat with you for help thanks

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my F1f using Tapatalk

Hi Aman and Shanthsuren, You just need to go to medicare centre which is near to you and you fill the form over there to apply medicare card fill up all your details and let the counter person know that you have applied for permanent residency.. they will check it and thats it.. but for once they will give you the slip to use untill you medicare card not posted to you.. It will come to you within 2-3 weeks... its called interim medicare card.. hope it helps

Ā 

Ā 

I have the same situation please help in my visa condition . I need to chat with you for help thanks

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

I think you can. My husband got his as soon as we applied for 187 in march. We were in 457 as well. I applied last week and bupa told be to stop my private incurance as they act like my medicare but now that I have meficare I dont need them. If I knew that in march, that would have saved me $2000 from no needed bupa. Please go to medicare office with your passport and proof of visa application like B V A even if its not in effect and they will order medicare. Then take medicare letter the same day and go to your health insurance provider and cancel. They will ask you for proof of medicare. Hope this helps

Just tried to ring immigration number and it straight away went to voice record with auto response, "case officer not available". Never happened this before. Are they already on Christmas holiday?

Ā 

Ā 

Nomination:24/01/2016

Nom doc requested: 31/10/16

Nom doc submitted: 15/11/16

Outcome: waiting

Visa:17/04/2016

Outcome: waiting

Need help.

My 457 visa expire in January 2017 and new nomination was grant this july and I also applied rsms nomination and visa 28 june 2016 . I need suggestions on 457 visa . Should I apply again 457 visa or leave and wait for rsms ..can anyone help me in this thanks

Ā 

Need help.

My 457 visa expire in January 2017 and new nomination was grant this july and I also applied rsms nomination and visa 28 june 2016 . I need suggestions on 457 visa . Should I apply again 457 visa or leave and wait for rsms ..can anyone help me in this thanks

Ā 

Ā 

hi there,

Ā 

If you have applied for your RSMS (187 visa), you should have received a bridging visa A, so when your 457 visa expires, this will allow you to stay in Australia until your RSMS is granted. Im not sure wether this will give you the work rights that you are currently on with your 457 visa (could someone chirp in here?). It looks like they are taking between 6 and 9 months for 187 visas to be processed, and they are currently looking at visas lodged in early February, so should be within the next 4 months (this is just a guideline). I applied a couple of days after you and am expecting to get my visa by March at the latest(fingers crossed). If you cant get the work rights, I would be saving your $$$$ now and taking a couple of months holiday (around Australia, as the BVA will not allow you to re-enter Australia). Hope this helps, and good luck.

Need help.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

you are good mate. You don't have to apply for another 457 as you have applied for 187 it will allow you work and stay here till you get decision on you application. By the way is it direct entry or TRN?

you are good mate. You don't have to apply for another 457 as you have applied for 187 it will allow you work and stay here till you get decision on you application. By the way is it direct entry or TRN?

457 and rsms from the same emploer. I applied 457 in March and rsms in june . Before that I applied 457 from.different employer in june last year was grand in august 2015 . And that place was closed December. 2015

Ā 

Edited by MaggieMay24

I have applied for my 187 visa and i am on a wait i have got my bridging visa aswell

was just wondering m I eligible to get medicare card or

Ā 

Ā 

yes you are eligible to get medicare card .you need to be go medicare office close to your house and just make sure take all document and acknowledge form which is you received from immi 187 rsms with you .that time

Edited by MaggieMay24
Fixed quote