187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Thanks khem. Then why did my ma said i must have two years full time work experience otherwise they will refuse my visa. And i know restaurant manager doesnt need any experience which is ur case i think if im not wrong. Can someone put more words on this please thank u

Do you have any academic qualifications or you are applying based on experience?

Do you have any academic qualifications or you are applying based on experience?

Ā 

Yes I do have Australian cert 3 and 4 in automotive technology. I did it at tafe Australia for 2 and half year. I do have about a year paid experience in Australia 400 hours of unpaid workshop training and a year work experience overseas too

Yes I do have Australian cert 3 and 4 in automotive technology. I did it at tafe Australia for 2 and half year. I do have about a year paid experience in Australia 400 hours of unpaid workshop training and a year work experience overseas too

I think for some trades the rules were needing the experience if you had less than a diploma level qualification.

Thanks for the info mavi. I hope it would be the same case for me. Is there anyone with proven experience like this one.

Mine was about five years ago now, but mine were both opened at the same time and approved after ONE HOUR. We know it hadn't been opened earlier as my migration agent had to chase it up as it was a decision ready application (back when it made a difference) which should have been processed within 3 months, but we had got to five. They said sorry, it had been put in the wrong pile and then it was granted!

Ā 

hello jstha if you have cert 3 , cert iv and diploma in automotive then you don't need experience . but if you have cert 3 and cert iv but you don't have diploma in automotive ..there is chance visa officer can ask you 2 year experience.... i applied in motor mechanic aswell

Edited by kkumar

What I have found on Internet is :

If the Certificate III was obtained without the formal on-the-job training component, to satisfy the skill requirement the applicant must have at least 2 years post-qualification experience, obtained on a full time basis or its part-time equivalent. The 2 years of post-qualification experience is taken to be equal to the on-the-job training component. This is to ensure that the qualification is relevant to the tasks of the occupation and that the applicant indeed has the practical skills required to perform the task of the occupation.

Under ANZSCO, there is NO requirement of 2 years of on-the-job training for Certificate IV qualifications

hello jstha if you have cert 3 , cert iv and diploma in automotive then you don't need experience . but if you have cert 3 and cert iv but you don't have diploma in automotive ..there is chance visa officer can ask you 2 year experience.... i applied in motor mechanic aswell

Ā 

Thanks Kumar. This is bit confusing topic I guess. The immi website says cert 4 is enough and ma says 2 year experience is compulsory.

Ā 

One more question Kumar, what was ur designated position mentioned in ur application immi account. Mine one says mechanic's assistant. Shouldn't it be motor mechanic.

What I have found on Internet is :

If the Certificate III was obtained without the formal on-the-job training component, to satisfy the skill requirement the applicant must have at least 2 years post-qualification experience, obtained on a full time basis or its part-time equivalent. The 2 years of post-qualification experience is taken to be equal to the on-the-job training component. This is to ensure that the qualification is relevant to the tasks of the occupation and that the applicant indeed has the practical skills required to perform the task of the occupation.

Under ANZSCO, there is NO requirement of 2 years of on-the-job training for Certificate IV qualifications

Thanks khem, that's what I read too but ma saying need exp. Don't know. Anyway I should have enough exp don't u think.

One more question khem, if the sponsoring business moved to different location but still in same town after applying for nomination, What's the complications or what's the way to deal with it. Any clue

Can't wait anymore. Getting frustrated and impatient. Oh God still don't know how long more to go?

Ā 

next week mavi. U can take my words lolz. U will hear before friday. Hey mavi would u please or someone who knows explain what's internal and external checks

Thanks Kumar. This is bit confusing topic I guess. The immi website says cert 4 is enough and ma says 2 year experience is compulsory.

Ā 

One more question Kumar, what was ur designated position mentioned in ur application immi account. Mine one says mechanic's assistant. Shouldn't it be motor mechanic.

Ā 

Ā 

my motor mechanic

next week mavi. U can take my words lolz. U will hear before friday. Hey mavi would u please or someone who knows explain what's internal and external checks

Thanks mate for motivation.

This What I found on internet:

External checks are done by external agencies like , therefore CO is unable to provide a time frame on the outcome. It includes character as well as security checks along with other things.

Ā 

On the other hands, internal checks are checks done within DIAC and they are therefore able to provide a estimated timeframe on outcomes. Still its not concrete timeframe. Internal checks include job verification, provided/uploaded documents etc

There is no hard and fast rule that either External checks will be done first or Internal checks. Similarly, time frame for each check vary from case to case. Sometimes, it took only few days and some times more than 2 years.

Edited by Mavi

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks mate for motivation.

This What I found on internet:

External checks are done by external agencies like , therefore CO is unable to provide a time frame on the outcome. It includes character as well as security checks along with other things.

Ā 

On the other hands, internal checks are checks done within DIAC and they are therefore able to provide a estimated timeframe on outcomes. Still its not concrete timeframe. Internal checks include job verification, provided/uploaded documents etc

There is no hard and fast rule that either External checks will be done first or Internal checks. Similarly, time frame for each check vary from case to case. Sometimes, it took only few days and some times more than 2 years.

Thanks again mavi. Does that mean they will check my work experience done overseas too. Some of the company I worked for in past is now long gone and out of business and some still exists. What's the go for it. How they gonna check that since we don't have tax system like in Australia to prove I have tax documents and lot of the businesses here are not even registered with government. Lolz

Ā 

CHANGES TO THE 187 RSMS VISA FOR CERTIFICATE IV HOLDERS SINCE FEBRUARY 2015:-

Ā 

For Level 3 occupations such as cook and carpenter, the qualification requirement as stated by ANZSCO (the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations) is a Certificate III with two years of on-the-job training, a Certificate IV, or three years of relevant work experience.

Ā 

(Strangely, Departmental policy has dictated that applicants for the 187/RSMS Visa who hold a Certificate IV and have nominated a level 3 occupation also require an additional two years of work experience to meet the qualification requirement of the visa.)

Ā 

This policy was recently changed, and now applicants with a Certificate IV for a Level 3 occupation no longer need the extra work experience to demonstrate that they are sufficiently qualified for the 187/RSMS Visa.

Ā 

MEANS:

If the applicant relies on an Australian qualification, that qualification must be as specified within the ANZSCO framework for that occupation. For example, if the nominated position were that of a cook (ANZSCO 351411), the applicant must:

Ā 

Ƙ hold a relevant AQF Certificate IV

or

Ƙ hold a relevant AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on the job training

or

Ƙ have at least 3 years of relevant experience

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

TIMELINE:

Nomination 01 April 2016

Visa 10 April 2016

Thanks khem, that's what I read too but ma saying need exp. Don't know. Anyway I should have enough exp don't u think.

One more question khem, if the sponsoring business moved to different location but still in same town after applying for nomination, What's the complications or what's the way to deal with it. Any clue

As long as the ABN is the same it shouldn't be a problem if the new address is still regional. Let immigration know the new address incase they turn up to do a work place inspection though. I've seen people refused when this has happened.

CHANGES TO THE 187 RSMS VISA FOR CERTIFICATE IV HOLDERS SINCE FEBRUARY 2015:-

Ā 

For Level 3 occupations such as cook and carpenter, the qualification requirement as stated by ANZSCO (the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations) is a Certificate III with two years of on-the-job training, a Certificate IV, or three years of relevant work experience.

Ā 

(Strangely, Departmental policy has dictated that applicants for the 187/RSMS Visa who hold a Certificate IV and have nominated a level 3 occupation also require an additional two years of work experience to meet the qualification requirement of the visa.)

Ā 

This policy was recently changed, and now applicants with a Certificate IV for a Level 3 occupation no longer need the extra work experience to demonstrate that they are sufficiently qualified for the 187/RSMS Visa.

Ā 

MEANS:

If the applicant relies on an Australian qualification, that qualification must be as specified within the ANZSCO framework for that occupation. For example, if the nominated position were that of a cook (ANZSCO 351411), the applicant must:

Ā 

Ƙ hold a relevant AQF Certificate IV

or

Ƙ hold a relevant AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on the job training

or

Ƙ have at least 3 years of relevant experience

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

TIMELINE:

Nomination 01 April 2016

Visa 10 April 2016

Ā 

Cheers for the info mate l. I have submitted around two years of work experience including Australia and overseas. Does it mean they won't even bother checking them since I got cert 4 qualification

As long as the ABN is the same it shouldn't be a problem if the new address is still regional. Let immigration know the new address incase they turn up to do a work place inspection though. I've seen people refused when this has happened.

Ā 

That sounds about right. My employer did send me his new lease agreement, new tax and profit loss document. How do they need to be updated to immigration since we cant access nomination application on immi account. My case, nomination is still not allocated.

Edited by jstha

Yes, I can tell they are really slow, but keep faith, we'll get it soon.

Ā 

I am new here. Need suggestion regarding 187 Visa application.

Ā 

we have applied for 187 nomination (south Australia) on 18.2.2016. Still waiting for nomination result.

& Didn't lodge the visa application yet. Thought once we get the nomination result, then we'll apply for visa.

We've waiting for around 6 months, still no result of nomination application.

Ā 

Does DIBP process nomination application without lodging the main visa application?

Do you think we need to apply for the visa application now?

Our current visa is also expiring in next 2 months.

Ā 

Please please suggest. Thank you.

Cheers for the info mate l. I have submitted around two years of work experience including Australia and overseas. Does it mean they won't even bother checking them since I got cert 4 qualification

Ā 

Immi don't bother over qualification or experience, if we meet their requirements according to their policy. Certificate 4 or 2 year experience in Australia with Certificate 3

I am new here. Need suggestion regarding 187 Visa application.

Ā 

we have applied for 187 nomination (south Australia) on 18.2.2016. Still waiting for nomination result.

& Didn't lodge the visa application yet. Thought once we get the nomination result, then we'll apply for visa.

We've waiting for around 6 months, still no result of nomination application.

Ā 

Does DIBP process nomination application without lodging the main visa application?

Do you think we need to apply for the visa application now?

Our current visa is also expiring in next 2 months.

Ā 

Please please suggest. Thank you.

Well atm process is really slow i have been waiting nearly 8 and half months no reply wet in your case you might have to wait another six months or more after your nomination approve so i would suggest you should've applied visa application at the same time with your nomination well you should lodge your visa application asap it will save you some time cheers

Ā 

187 DE HR

Nom. 18/12/15

Visa 18/12/15

onshore

hi guys

Ā 

my visa application was allocated on 3/8/15 at WAPese team 7

Ā 

They just asked form 80 for me and wife , Australian federal police certificate for myself only ,I have been already applied AFP certificate on last Friday ,hopefully will get till Tuesday

Ā 

my question is if I'll attached all requested documents on Wednesday then how long will take more by case officer to grant PR

Ā 

we r just waiting for AFP to attach the all requested documents

Ā 

Ā 

thnx

Edited by Namish2015

That sounds about right. My employer did send me his new lease agreement, new tax and profit loss document. How do they need to be updated to immigration since we cant access nomination application on immi account. My case, nomination is still not allocated.

Ā 

I assume the employer or their MA lodged the nomination? In which case, they can upload the new information to the nomination application on their Immi Account.