187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

Hello everyone,

Ā 

I applied for 487 family sponsorship visa in 2009.i waited so long on bridging visa.i got married last year so to get my partner i need a proper substantial visa, so i decided to go with ENS RSMS DIRECT included my wife too as secondary applicant.

Ā 

My 487 and 187RSMS BOTH cases opened in july this year and i have been granted 487 family sponsorship 4 days back.

Ā 

So now i am having substantial visa to invite my partner on visiting visa..but i already applied RSMS AND included my wife too in it. May be we hear in a month or two not sure with it.

Ā 

Now is it possible to get my wife on visiting visa, while we waiting for our RSMS . if she come on visiting visa, once RSMS approved does she have to go overseas immiediately for get her PR grant. Or she can stay with me till she finish her visiting visa then go out of australia and come back in ?

Ā 

Thanks in advance

Hello everyone,

Ā 

I applied for 487 family sponsorship visa in 2009.i waited so long on bridging visa.i got married last year so to get my partner i need a proper substantial visa, so i decided to go with ENS RSMS DIRECT included my wife too as secondary applicant.

Ā 

My 487 and 187RSMS BOTH cases opened in july this year and i have been granted 487 family sponsorship 4 days back.

Ā 

So now i am having substantial visa to invite my partner on visiting visa..but i already applied RSMS AND included my wife too in it. May be we hear in a month or two not sure with it.

Ā 

Now is it possible to get my wife on visiting visa, while we waiting for our RSMS . if she come on visiting visa, once RSMS approved does she have to go overseas immiediately for get her PR grant. Or she can stay with me till she finish her visiting visa then go out of australia and come back in ?

Ā 

Thanks in advance

Ā 

i am afraid that you cant use visitor visa like that. your wife may get visitor visa but she can not come back once it expires straight away. still better to speak with your MA.

well first you need to state reason for visitor visa for first time.. she may get minimum 3 months of visitor visa and once it expires she has to go back.. here she can apply for visitor visa again with a valid reason. this is a gray area.. my friend told me that immi told him that her spouse is using this visa to stay with him for long.. she can only stay with him for long by permanent visa. visitor visa is for visitors not intending to stay long...

so she may get visitor visa for once but getting visa again for 2nd time is bit doubtful. thats why i asked you to speak with MA.

i am just telling you on basis of my friend's experience.

well first you need to state reason for visitor visa for first time.. she may get minimum 3 months of visitor visa and once it expires she has to go back.. here she can apply for visitor visa again with a valid reason. this is a gray area.. my friend told me that immi told him that her spouse is using this visa to stay with him for long.. she can only stay with him for long by permanent visa. visitor visa is for visitors not intending to stay long...

so she may get visitor visa for once but getting visa again for 2nd time is bit doubtful. thats why i asked you to speak with MA.

i am just telling you on basis of my friend's experience.

Ā 

Ā 

Hmmm okay ..thnks...but i already applied rsms visa along with her..so we expecting in a month may be...so i no need to apply for her visitor visa again

AFAIK, the 187 can be approved regardless of whether you're onshore or overseas. So if you wife comes to visit you on a visitor visa, she would simply move onto the 187 once it's granted. Since you already have the 187 in processing, you may be able to ask DIBP to grant her a longer visitor visa but this is of course decided on a case by case basis.

AFAIK, the 187 can be approved regardless of whether you're onshore or overseas. So if you wife comes to visit you on a visitor visa, she would simply move onto the 187 once it's granted. Since you already have the 187 in processing, you may be able to ask DIBP to grant her a longer visitor visa but this is of course decided on a case by case basis.

Ā 

Thank you maggie...that is really helpfull:)

Hi guys, new to the Forums. I have a question, My nomination has been submitted 26th July, However, so far there's no sign of nomination fee has been took from my credit card. Is it normal? Because My Visa application was logged 30th July, they took the fees right away. Also, is anyone know how to check nomination applicaiton status? I see nothing about nomination from my Immigration account website but visa application received. Thank you very much. wish all of us will get the visa smoothly.

Hi there guys. I am quite new to this forum and after a few clicks on the forum, I have a question regarding to RCB processing time. My MA had submitted my RCB through Perth's RCB on the 16th of July. As of today(23th of September) we have not heard any news from the RCB. My MA did sent them an email but the their response was this ->Dear Sir/Madam,

Ā 

Ā 

Thank you for your email.

Ā 

Ā 

Applications for certification advice for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme are assessed in order of receipt.

Ā 

Ā 

Please visit http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/services/regional-sponsored-migration-scheme for up to date processing times in working days.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Now this bring me to another question from any members who have been through this, can I do a nomination and lodgement for 187 visa at the same time prior to my RCB being approved? As I am running out of time. My Temporary Visa 485 ends this November. It is quite frustrating that they took more than 2 months and have not got a reply from the RCB team in Perth.

Ā 

Many thanks.

Hi guys

I have applied nomination and visa togather on 20 march 15 nomination has aprooved on 13th aug and asked for medical , medical has alredy submited on 24th aug and all fine But still waiting its allmost 40 days passed but still not here any thing.

One more thing if we lodge nomination and visa togather and when nomination aprooved and asked for medical does that mean visa will surely aprooved in other word CO has allredy checked visa documents

Plz anyone can solve my problem

Thanks

Hi guys. I have applied my RCB application to the State Government of WA through my MA on the 16th of July but we have not heard an answer from them till this date 24th of September. I am just wondering, if is possible to not wait for the RCB to get approved and proceed with nomination and lodgement of 187 visa? Its because my temporary visa ends this November. I do appreciate your help in giving me some advice before I proceed doing the nomination/lodgement of 187 visa. Thank you in advance!

Hi guysI have applied nomination and visa togather on 20 march 15 nomination has aprooved on 13th aug and asked for medical , medical has alredy submited on 24th aug and all fine But still waiting its allmost 40 days passed but still not here any thing.

One more thing if we lodge nomination and visa togather and when nomination aprooved and asked for medical does that mean visa will surely aprooved in other word CO has allredy checked visa documents

Thanks

Hi guysI have applied nomination and visa togather on 20 march 15 nomination has aprooved on 13th aug and asked for medical , medical has alredy submited on 24th aug and all fine But still waiting its allmost 40 days passed but still not here any thing.

Thanks

Ā 

Hello which team is processing your case? Even i am waiting

Hello guys

This is a answer for above queries

1. There is no fee that immigration charges for the nomination,that is why a lot of people apply nomination and visa separate,so that they don't waste money and apply visa after a positive response from nomination!

2.medicals have nothing to do with the processing times, you are eligible to go for medicals as soon as you apply for visa so don't keep wondering that when you are done with medicals and you'll be processed in a week.its just to save the time.

3.if you have applied nomination and visa together and your nomination is approved,don't hesitate to give a call to immi after 20-30 days of your nomination approval

A lot of times they misplace the files so its better to remind them.

Hope this helps

Thanks

I called the department today and I am so lucky again because the lady on the phone was not helpful at all and she was sounding as why was I bothering her with my stuff moreover all she said that my file was being looking into and this is the only and the whole thing I got from this phone call.so frustrated and do not know what to do now...

I called the department today and I am so lucky again because the lady on the phone was not helpful at all and she was sounding as why was I bothering her with my stuff moreover all she said that my file was being looking into and this is the only and the whole thing I got from this phone call.so frustrated and do not know what to do now...

Ā 

Did you called that number I gave you??

I called another number as that number was always busy.. I have been told that my file was due to late Sep remember? but seems like it is still not my turn

Ā 

It is just a matter of 5 mins if you have already submitted your documents...so you still got few days left in this month. Let see otherwise call them saying that you guys told me about it.